Remodeling 1992 Class C motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stacyeb

A few weeks ago we bought a Class C 1992 Fourwinds.  The price was right so we knew there would be a lot of work we would need to put into it, but even then we have had some surprises along the way.  Thanks to the forum and members - we got some great ideas and it's not so scary. We are making progress on the repairs and have turned the corner.  You can see our project here http://alwaysmykidsmom.wordpress.com/the-rv-project/

Looking for suggestions on less expensive window coverings and whether we should paint or wall paper. 

Welcome to the RV Forum, Staceyeb.  I'm sure you will get some suggestions soon.

I'm partial to wall coverings rather than paint for the aesthetics, but you can do either one.

My wife and I are going through the same thing with our unit.  For the walls she lightly sanded them then used a oil based primer and painted them. As for you since you pulled most of your wall covering then I would say go with wall paper, because you have somewhat bare luan now and would take a lot of work to get it ready for paint. As for window coverings, she cleaned the blinds that were there and dyed some of the original curtains, and replaced/made some of the other curtains with material from wallmart. To get them to hang in the RV type curtain holder she cut off the top edge of the original curtain and sowed it to the new material. She recovered the valances with a new materail as well as the panels for the sides of the walk through from cab to RV.
  I said "she" alot because the interior was all her except for the floor, she picked it out and I installed it. lol  My job is all the mechanicals.
  Good luck your off to a great start. just remember for everything you touch you uncover two things that still need to be done!!

JKaz

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom