Changes at Lazydays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Many of you have heard that Lazydays bought the former Beaudry RV in Tucson, AZ.  Bob Grady, former Director of Service for Lazyday will become the General Manager of the new location and Bob will relocate to Tucson around May 1.  I've had a good working relationship with Bob for the last 5 years and I've been able to enlist his help whenever someone had a problem at Lazydays.    Bob called me today to introduce Bill Tickel, who is the new Director of Service at Lazydays in Sefner.  Bill promised to continue the working relationship and assure that every Lazydays service customer is satisfied.

The new Tucson location will be known as Lazydays, not Beaudry.  No word yet on the brands that will be sold there, but the service area will be open to all brands.

Sarge, the RV mfg is Lazy Daze. 

Gary, Bill Tickel is a great guy, he is my double.  He is moving from being a sales team leader to service.  When I started in 05 he was a salesman.  Really nice guy.  Bob Grady is super too, hoping to maintain my relationship with him in Tucson. 

I have to admit I'm a bit nervous about having a guy with no service experience in charge of all parts and service in the Tampa location, but Bill seems to be motivated to take care of the customer and that's the attitude I like.

Gary,

I would be nervous to. I have seen service departments ruined when they have people on top that do not understand the inherent problems that are encountered in dealing with customers and the technicians. I personally have bought 2 RV's from Lazy Days and would not buy another there. I hope they got it right.

One good point to consider, as sales, he has been on the ond of getting service to stay on track for delivery, for working to get things done on time.  I am hoping it brings the two departments closer together moving towards goals.  The two departments already worked close together, but having a sales committment there should help.

Oh, and Bob Grady, will be in charge of sales in Tucson!  Both these gentlemen are strong leaders and very caring individuals.  I am confident both will be fantastic in their new roles.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Loddy,
Who are you emailing and what about?  I know some  of the top management there - can get you help if needed.

I have been trying to get some prices and have dealt with at least 4 people but still no prices, won't mention names, but I am coming over on the 3rd May to spend some cash with them or if not impressed with camping world or any of the other dealers in Florida

Loddy

Loddy, If you call Al Sullivan you should get an answer. He and Bill  Tickel  have really treated me right. I have bought two units from them and one years ago.  Marvh

I have been trying to get some prices and have dealt with at least 4 people but still no prices

In my experience they don't give out asking prices over the phone or internet unless you are talking a specific deal (an actual offer to buy a particular rig).  You said you are dealing four people? Maybe that's the problem.  Normally you would have just one sales rep to deal with.

Gary
Not dealing with 4 people at the same time, I started back in Nov 2010 with a visit and had a very nice man (now on extended leave) then passed to a salesperson (who has left) who then passed me to another ( who has left) and then passed to another who don't respond.

I know the 2 people who have left have done so under very sad circumstances so don't want to make a fuss.

Loddy  8)

Loddy
Send the person you are now dealing with an email, and explain.  I know msost of the folks there, I weas in sales there for a number of years, still associated with the company.  I can make recommendations, but in the system, you are best off continuing.  Just realize, they don't ust toss out pricing.  Not the way they do biz, right or wrong, but that is the way.

Understand, but it's annoying when you are sitting in your lounge in the UK planning a trip and you don't know how much money you will need. You see a coach on their web page you fancy and the only way to find out what they may ask for it is to search other websites for similar coaches, or look at NADA and nobody seems to work to that !!!!

Loddy

I understand your situation, many of my customers have felt this way, but if you give your salesman a budget he will give you a list of coaches that will fit.  If you would like me to help, PM me the salesmans name and I can contact him on your behalf.  I know virtually all if the folks there and would be glad to help.  If you aren't comfortable with that, I have no problem with it. 

You want to get going on something and maybe I can give a push rom the other side.  If your contact is a turkey, I can maybe help to switch you to one I know will do better for you.

Good luck. 

Thanks Bill
                But I am flying out tomorrow I'll let you know how I get on in a couple of days

Loddy  8)

Not for nothing, but I have dealt with Lazy Days in Seffner, and I have dealt with Beaudry's, and preferred Lazy Days.  For them to open in Tucson, and re-hire people from Beaudry's, in my opinion is a kiss of death.  Since I have been dealing with LaMesa (across the street from the new Lazy Days) I have come in contact with some workers who I would have hired if I was running the "new" Lazy Days.  I'll be happy the RV park will be open again, but if the RV Techs and Advisors don't changed their attitudes and work ethics they will be closing again!

Back
Top Bottom