What parts do I need to complete my WD hitch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SS420

My dad dropped off a used WD hitch for me, but it is missing a few items. I guess I am trying to figure out where I can get them from. I have a reciever, the 2 arms with chains attached and a friction/sway bar that has the round ends for the small hitch balls.

So from what I can tell I am missing the hardware that attaches to the camper. Does anyone know where these items can be ordered from?

Thanks

By "receiver", I'm guessing you mean the hitch head that fits into the tow vehicle's square receiver? You will need to have a small ball bolted/welded on to the hitch head if it's not already on there. Then, it sounds like all you need are the parts that mount on the trailer tongue which consists of another small ball for the sway bar and 2 brackets to hold the chains - 1 on each side of the trailer's A-frame. Any RV dealer should be able to order the parts or maybe they even have the parts laying around. I'm not sure they can sell used hitch parts, though. My local dealer once told me he could not. Makes sense - it could be a big liability issue.

Good luck.

Thanks for the help, I will get pictures tomorrow when I have better light.

I cannot get my pictures to upload from my phone, but it looks like all I am missing are the pieces that bolt to the A-frame of the camper to attach the chains to and the small ball that the sway friction bar ball mounts to on the camper. I have a hitch with the 2-5/16" ball and the small ball welded along side of it and the 2 tension bars with the chains on them. Any idea of the best parts to pick the rest the items up?

Thanks

Think I need....

This http://www.humphreystrailerhitch.com/BIZyCart.ASP
these http://www.humphreystrailerhitch.com/BIZyCart.ASP
and the attachment clips that hold the sway bar on the small balls.

Those links do not go to anything useful - just a list of ecommerce sites. Could you provide a link to the actual parts you are looking at on the Humphreys site?

http://www.humphreystrailerhitch.com/weight-distribution-replacement-parts-hitch-trailer-accessories-tow-hitch-ball-mount-reciever-hitch.htm

item 17208

The other link was for the small ball that mounts to the trailer.

Do you have a Curt WD hitch? If not, do these brackets look like a match for what you do have? There are several styles of spring bars, and at least a couple methods of connecting them at the trailer end. You nebver mentioned the brand and model of WD that you have.

SS420
My dad dropped off a used WD hitch for me, but it is missing a few items.
Most of the time when someone has a WD hitch laying around it is complete except for the frame brackets needed for the trailer. The brackets are usually welded in place and sold with the trailer.
IMO the easiest and maybe safest way is to load up the WD hitch and go to the local Rv shop. They will need app. frame dimensions of your trailer and then they can look up and order what you need. At least this way you will know everything is correct if you are not familiar with these type of hitches. If you can identify the mfg. then you can look at a new model on the web to help identify what you are missing. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom