Vinyl Decals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wate4me

Have a Coachman Class C motorhome. Decals are cracked and faded. 5 years old. Contacted company last year and still haven't had a response. The company Avery Dennison who makes decals say they are guaranteed for 10 years. Wish they could pass that guarantee on to my motorhome because the decals make make my motorhome look really bad. What can I do?

You might want to take a look at this SITE  He has some advice on removing them. As i recall he also sells the 3M removal wheels.

He also makes duplicate decals. He gave me a verbal estimate of $1200 (subject to change after inspection) to remove and replace mine.

You can use the 3m eraser to remove them.  It is a messy but managable job.  I did this to a boat last year.  It had quite a lot of graphics.  Then call trim line, it is a national franchise that can make anything you want and install them.  OR.... you can have new ones painted on to your liking as well.  If you do that, have the whole vehicle clear coated as well.  It will save a lot of fading and chalking.

I use to work at a local sign shop and Avery some problems with fading as well as shrinking from the heat. Yes they have a guarantee however getting there help is another problem. And you will still end up with the same product you have now. If you will visit a good shop they should be able to reproduce your decal for a small cost. We use to do it everyday. Most of the time all they need is a good picture of what you have.

We have a two year old Bullet and the graphics on the front are starting to peel. I contacted Keystone last week and they emailed me the graphic layout for all four sides of the trailer. They said even though the trailer was out of warranty they would provide the decals but I would have to do the installation. I thought that was pretty good of their part.

Back
Top Bottom