Ideas on Sacramento, CA, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's the info on the California Disability Pass. Looking at the second page, I'd say you certainly qualify on mobility. And if Dean doesn't stay off the MH roof, he's going to qualify, too !! Half-off the California campgrounds actually makes them a reasonable price :) They do reservations at reserveamerica.com starting 6 months out and the beach parks sell out early. Just think, if gas goes over $5 a gallon, you can just go to one of the California parks and stay there !

Enjoy your trip
Wendy

What time do you usually actually leave and set down?

Linda, back when we were working we had longer driving days, but now we usually leave about 9:30 and don't drive more than maybe 300 miles.  We like to get settled with enough time to relax before dinner and definitely don't get up at the crack of dawn!  Well, Jerry may get up at the crack of dawn but that doesn't mean we leave very early.  ;)

Tell Dean to behave himself.  NO MORE INJURIES!  Definitely not allowed....  And take it easy.

ArdraF

Marsha/CA said:
Now I need to get my own planning done.  We took the coach into freightliner last Friday for the PM3.  They  found a cracked fan blade so now we need to replace that.  We keep telling each other it's a good thing they found it because we could have been miles from help in Alaska with a fan blade flying into the radiator; but it's just more "cha ching...cha ching" to our trip.
Marsha~

Marsha,

Do you have a rock guard for the radiator?  It sounds as though you do not.  If not let me know and I will send pictures of a couple that the Newmar guys have put on their MHs.  You do have a freightliner chassis, right??  They range from simple, mine, to exotic.

Enjoy the trip to Alaska,

Dean & Linda Stock said:
Is that "Coulter"?

Linda, while in MT give us a call and I will tell you about John Coulter.  If you can stop at Three Forks and go to the Headwaters state  park, you will start to get a true appreciation for what he did.  Or if you can't wait, Google him and read quite a story about a mountain man.

There are various spellings so I copied the first paragraph from Wikipedia.  There is much more.

"John Colter (c.1774 ? May 7, 1812 or November 22, 1813) was a member of the Lewis and Clark Expedition (1804−1806). Though party to one of the more famous expeditions in history, Colter is best remembered for explorations he made subsequent to his honorable discharge in 1806. During the winter of 1807?1808, Colter became the first known person of European descent to enter the region now known as Yellowstone National Park, and to see the Teton Mountain Range. Colter spent months alone in the wilderness, and is widely considered to be the first mountain man.[1][2]."

I never noticed that Coulter could also be Colter. Yep, they are one and the same.

Dean & Linda Stock said:
This is AWESOME!  And I am so happy to have made a friend with someone else who has "issues" and needs HC accessible facilities.  I have thought about writing a book rating attractions for their accessibility.  The best place I ever visited was the Royal Museum (I'd have to look up its exact name) in Alberta, CA.  Your maps are so helpful for anyone planning a trip.

Thank you - if you want to rate any place that you've visited or write a little review ,I'd love to include it in the blog.

Jim,  I don't know if I have a rock guard or not.  I do have the solid flap thing that hangs down behind the wheels.....is that what you are talking about?  Send pictures.  :D  However now that you mention it, I remember reading in one of the many Alaska books that some folks put a screen thing under the bottom of the engine to protect it from rocks flying up and into it.

We are a bit mystified about the crack in the fan blade.  Right before we took the coach into freightliner, it was at the Cat place having an oil change and all the other stuff Cat does.  We're curious why Cat didn't see the cracked blade.  I will say the guy that works at freightliner is extremely meticulous.

Bob Buchanan said:
So, if I were your tour guide for the day, we would take in Sutter's Fort, the RR Museum, the State Capital -- and an early dinner at the Fat City restaurant in Old Town by the river.  :)

While in Sacramento also take a short drive (less than an hour) to some of the Gold Country. Coloma, Plymouth, Sutter Creek, etc. A lot of history in some of the old mining towns....Fat City is awesome.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom