Dish Network

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We've had Dish for about 15 years. Never had a problem. We have 2 dishes, one on the house and one on the motorhome. We move the receiver out to the MH when we're ready to travel and bring it back into the house when we're home.

Wendy

Let's hope the satellites don't move or we'll have a terrible time finding them :)  If you're asking about mobile satellite service, either DirecTV or Dish Network is suitable.  Or are you asking about an in-motion antenna?

I've had Dish for years. The service you get depends entirely on the person that answers the phone when you call. I have learned that if I didn't like the answer, because it sounded wrong, hang up and call again. The phones are answered by call centers thruout the country. (at least I think they are all in this country) Your call gets automatically routed to a center that has someone available soonest. Some won't tell you where they are, but I've talked to Arizona and Colorado that would admit to where they were.

I've had supervisors tell me that I can't use my home account in my motorhome, that I have to have 2 accounts. I've had people tell me I won't get any reception on my boat (KVH marine satellite dish). I've had to call twice to get my service location changed properly, in fact last weekend. But, for some reason I have no faith that Direct is any better.

What are you actually asking about.  Both DirecTV an Dish provide excellent service.  The satellies are not moving but if you are the service you select can have a dramatic effect on your ability to receive the programming.  If you travel Coast to Coast you will have much better success with DirecTV.  If you have a dome antenna or an open face antenna the answer to your question is also going to be different.
Give us some details and I am sure we can be of additional assistance.

Back
Top Bottom