Dentist in Algadones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

Can you give a recommendation for a dentist in Los Algodones?  I have a friend who needs to have implants done, is this something you would consider having done there?  Once, when we were in Rosarita we met a woman at a coffee shop that was there having her implants done.  We saw her a few times and were able to see a couple of her teeth finished and they looked beautiful and it was about 1/4 of the price in the states!  At the time, none of us were interested in getting our teeth done for a discount since we all had excellent dental insurance...now, I wish we had gotten her phone number or at least the docs name and number. 

4ducksrus said:
Can you give a recommendation for a dentist in Los Algodones?  I have a friend who needs to have implants done, is this something you would consider having done there?  Once, when we were in Rosarita we met a woman at a coffee shop that was there having her implants done.  We saw her a few times and were able to see a couple of her teeth finished and they looked beautiful and it was about 1/4 of the price in the states!  At the time, none of us were interested in getting our teeth done for a discount since we all had excellent dental insurance...now, I wish we had gotten her phone number or at least the docs name and number.
There are 400 dentists in Los Algodones. If you just walk across the board you will be inundated with people trying to guide you to the dentist they work for. I took the advise of everyone on this forum and called Dr. Alma Luna, but she doesn't do bridges so her brother was recommend to me, Dr. Pablo Luna. I haven't been there yet so I don't know if he does implants. His number is 011-526-585177690. My plan is to talk to the dentist first and find out the difference in cost between implants and a bridge. I need to have all of my teeth replaced. If I can afford implants that is the way I will go.

Thanks for the info.  Good Luck with you teeth, please let us know how it goes!

My wife had an implant done there several years ago.  Dr. Alma Luna did the crown but the actual implant was done by an oral surgeon there via referral from Dr. Luna.  And, yes, the price was a fraction of what it would have cost here.

Full plates will be cheaper than partials.  Implants will be more expensive than plates or partials.  Implants are done at one time and then you have to wait about three to four months before they will put the crown on.  So implants are a much longer process.  It depends upon how many implants you are considering as to the total cost.

I need to have all of my teeth replaced. If I can afford implants that is the way I will go.

Hi TomS,  I suppose that depends of how many teeth you have left in your smiley face.

If you have a couple, in MX you can probably afford it from pocket change. In the US think a Gee or two.

If you have a big grin, i.e. lotsa teeth, be prepared to get a second mortgage on your RV.. your belongings and your life-savings, etc.

I the US you may have to sacrifice your first-born.  ;)

I have no implants and am not an expert...my DW has a couple to keep her lower plate in line. (I hope she doesn't read this post.. ;D )

My experience is only from getting one root-canal on a non-important tooth....Cost me me $1,000.00. That was in the US and 10 minutes from my home.

More trivia... I just filled up my gas tank on my little Mini-Van, wasn't even empty yet and my bill was $73.35.

I won't be going to MX dentist for a while..  ::)

This post is for folks that don't like posts like this.. ;D

carson FL  89.0? 

carson said:
More trivia... I just filled up my gas tank on my little Mini-Van, wasn't even empty yet and my bill was $73.35.
Thanks for the info Carson.

I have about 12 teeth left, but I also have about 10 that are broken off at the gum and will also need to be extracted.

I never had any kids (at least none that I knew about) so I don't have a first born to offer so I am going to Mexico instead.

I put $200 worth of gas into my motorhome last Friday. The tank was not empty and it did not fill the tank.

What bothers me about that was that in 1971 I bought a 1961 Mercury station wagon for $195.

I have several implants, all done in US by local Dr's.  I highly recommend implants over bridges,  because the implant is just like having your original tooth.  A bridge is an appliance placed in your mouth.
Each of my implants took approximately six months total time.  Dr placed implant and waited six months to place the crown.  Some Dr's will place the implant and immediately place the crown, but the failure rate for such a procedure is much greater than waiting for the implant go attach to the jaw bone.  By placing the crown immediately the Dr 'loads' the implant before it attaches to the bone. 
Should I need additional implants, I would probably investigate the quality and cost by a Dr in Mexico.
CarlGeo

I am leaning very heavily towards implants. But I will need to talk to the doctor after he has looked at the xrays to determine what the final decision will be.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom