1st longer trip, 94 Bounder 34J ran perfect, but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

s2kskibum

... holy crap it sucked gas!

Fifty mile an hour headwind. 7 mountain passes each way (Denver to Mesquite, Nevada). 65 mph. Lost a brand new inner tire (had put 6 on) when the the valve extender they installed came lose and snapped off the valve stem (could have been anytime in the last 700 miles on the way...). Kudos to Big O tires, they took care of me, and I made my tee time! Extra night when Vail pass was closed (who cares, I got my bed!)

This weekend, wife and I to Albuquerque for a concert. Hoping for calm winds!

Starting to have some fun!

The wind has been pretty sucky this spring in Colorado and other areas, too. How sucky was your mileage? We get 9 mpg on a good day, 5 mpg on a bad day.

Wendy

I just don't care, but it was probably 5! Maybe less.

Love the yellow bug toad. We have a beautiful yellow 70 convertible beetle that we'll tow when we head sotb!

Now let's get the fan turned down!

s2kskibum said:
Love the yellow bug toad. We have a beautiful yellow 70 convertible beetle that we'll tow when we head sotb!

We had a 71 yellow bug convertible when I was in college in Colorado Springs. Loved that bug. We also have a 75 Thing being restored. Easy cars to tow.

Wendy

Another 1000 mi extended weekend - Albuquerque and back for a concert Saturday night. Stayed at the State Fairgrounds - they have full hook ups (in a large parking lot), $25 a night/15 dry. Not scenic, but convenient! Trying to track down a small coolant leak - but the rig again ran perfect - very cool despite 80's. Nice tailwind for some of the trip back - then crosswinds and two hands on the wheel in southern CO.

Off to Big O so they can fix a problem they created, but handled very well...

Back
Top Bottom