Wendover Air Show RV rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WendoverAir

Hello!

First post to this forum and wish everyone well.

I am working with the Wendover Airfield Museum and Air Show and we are hosting a unique RV opportunity with this years air show.  There are a number of spaces available to park on the airfield ramp the night prior to air show and get discounted event tickets for the day of the show.  The participation fee is $20 per night (Friday/Saturday night only)and discounted show tickets are $8 for adults and $3 for kids 6-12 years old.  Please be aware that there are no hookups available But you get to stay on the very ramp that was home to B-17 flying Fortressess, B-24 Liberators and B-29 Superfortresses!

Included in the encampment is a special group tour Friday evening of the hangar where the B-29 Superfortresses of the 509th Bomb Group were kept while the group trained in Wendover for the atomic missions that ended the Second World War.

In 2010 we had an informal gathering and the folks that came out told us it was so much fun we should make it a formal event so I hope that some of you can join us this year for the event.  For information about the museum and show check us out at www.wendoverairbase.com - you can preregister for the encampment as well.  Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Tom P.
Historic Wendover Airfield
Wendover, Utah

Back
Top Bottom