Toad Battery Problem and tempory fix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yolo

We towed the car (Honda CR-V) for about 3.5 hours.  Set up at an RV park and decided that we didn't need to go anywhere.  Since we were in a pull through, we didn't unhitch the car.  I also never though about turning the ignition from accessories to off.  The next morning when  ready tow leave I started the car and it was a little low on battery.  I ran it for a little over the 3 minutes recommended by Honda.  We then towed for only about 3 hours, set up and I went to start the car.  Not enough battery to turn it over.  I thought, why not jump it with my two sets of jumper cables.  It turned out that the oldest set (20 years old or so wouldn't pass current (loose connection/corrosion).  I removed the towed battery and jumped it to the coach battery with the good 8 foot cable and charged it up for an hour or so replaced it and it started fine.

Today I stopped at a Sears store and bought a 20 foot 4 gauge (Diehard Platinum) jumper cables.  They will reach from the coach's house or chassis batteries to the towed battery while attached with the tow bar.  Now I should be able to start the car without all the trouble should this happen again.

This was a learning experience. I learned to kill the ignition when towing for several days in a row and will probably order a Toad Charge when I am stationary for a few days.

It's always something--Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom