Where is seilerbird ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's around. Probably practicing guitar as we speak. He's a perfectionist in his photography and his music, and I believe he's trying to perfect some guitar playing right now.

He recently announced he was in Yuma, AZ with plans to  have dental work done in Alagadones, Mexico.

Ah yes, he's probably eating soup through a straw right now  :eek:  Hope he put some WD-40 in the straw first  ;D

I have been on the road the last few days and I am currently at the Grand Canyon, thanks for asking.

The dentist won't work for me for a few more months and it is a really long story I will save for a later post. Then my a/c stopped functioning in 102 weather so I decided that it was time to get to the canyon.

It took me almost one hour to spot my first Condor. But I had and ice cream cone in my hand so I didn't get a shot. I did get a nice image of a Scrub Jay. And I saw 5 elk the first minute I was here.

I was stopped repeatedly this afternoon by people wanting to know about my 200-500 Tamron lens. It looks like a weapon of mass destruction. It is not the lens to wear if you are in the witness protection program.

I got my starting problem solved today, my alternator had died.

Life is good.

Once you stop eating ice cream cones maybe we'll see some more great condor photos.  Glad you made it to one of your most favorite places!  :eek: ::)

ArdraF

Wendy said:
Rub it in Tom.

Wendy
ROTFLMAO

You should be here Wendy so I can show you some Condors. Talking to people on the rim today I chatted with a half a dozen people that had seen Condors today. I thought I might be getting here a bit early, but I think they knew I was coming.

Ron from Big D said:
O.K. Tom, but where are the pictures?
Darn ice cream cone stopped me from getting a shot. He was way out over the canyon and disappeared before I could sit my ice cream cone down.

You have my promise you all will be sick of Condor photos by the time I leave here. My new Sony a55 does 10 frames per second and I have a huge chip and a gigantic hard drive. ;D ;D ;D

seilerbird said:
Darn ice cream cone stopped me from getting a shot. He was way out over the canyon and disappeared before I could sit my ice cream cone down.

You have my promise you all will be sick of Condor photos by the time I leave here. My new Sony a55 does 10 frames per second and I have a huge chip and a gigantic hard drive. ;D ;D ;D

We will be at GC in about two weeks, just for a day trip.  Being unfamiliar with the time frame that Condors generally may be there, is my timing good or not?

sheltie said:
We will be at GC in about two weeks, just for a day trip.  Being unfamiliar with the time frame that Condors generally may be there, is my timing good or not?
Perfect timing. May and June are the best months to see them. You will be here right in the middle of the best time. The best spot to see them is right in front of the Bright Angel Lodge. They have a ranger talk about Condors right there every day at 3 pm. I will be there if you want to try and find me.

Wendy -- I photographed a Condor this morning. 15 hours from the time I got here. Na na na naaaa na. :)

I'm 200 miles away, so there should be plenty of Condors visible. If I was there, they'd all be somewhere else.

Wendy

I don't care about condors or ice cream cones ;D----how are your kitties doing in that heat????????????

seilerbird said:
Perfect timing. May and June are the best months to see them. You will be here right in the middle of the best time. The best spot to see them is right in front of the Bright Angel Lodge. They have a ranger talk about Condors right there every day at 3 pm. I will be there if you want to try and find me.

Wendy -- I photographed a Condor this morning. 15 hours from the time I got here. Na na na naaaa na. :)

Great, I'm taking a tour with Marvelous Marv and will ask to be sure he includes that in the tour.

wackymac said:
I don't care about condors or ice cream cones ;D----how are your kitties doing in that heat????????????
What heat is that? It is 75 right now and comfortable as can be. It is suppose to snow here on Tuesday. I was at Zion last year for two weeks in 100 degree weather and Tarzan did just fine. I keep all the windows open during the day so there is a nice breeze and then in the middle of the afternoon I would buy a 10 pound bag of ice and put it in the sink for him to lay on. Then at 5 pm I could turn on the a/c for two hours.

One thing you don't have to worry about, my kitties will never suffer. They will be spoiled.

I won't be one who is tired of Condor pictures.  I am fascinated by your in air shots and the way they use their feathers to control flight.  Give the kids a pat on the head from me.

Thanks Boatbuilder. Here is the first one.

Today I photographed a California Condor at the Grand Canyon about a half a mile away on the other side of the Bright Angel Canyon. Due to the distance and the haze in the air the results are less than perfect, but I can still read his number. He is number 4, a ten year old male.

I had Lightroom plot my position with Google Earth via the GPS coordinates and plotted the spot he was and connected the two with a line. It is a bit over a half a mile, hand held. This is a very severe crop so I have included the original.

Attachments

• Condor 4 RV 2.jpg
    Condor 4 RV 2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Condor 4 RV.jpg
    Condor 4 RV.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Condor shot.jpg
    Condor shot.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom