78 dodge journey problems help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lindajay

I have a 1978 dodge journey with a 440 engine and it's been messing up. its not getting the gas from the fuel pump and i dont know whats wrong. also, whats the minimum amount of gas required to start it? thanks in advance! 

thank you! im about to call my husband and let him know right now and see what happens next.

btw, i just now realized its a class c not b haha

Check the fuel filter its either going to be inline or at the base of the carb right as the fuel line enters carb. Do you how much  presure needed. Carbed you need around 10psi ,FI you need upwards of 50 or better. Gas in tank 1/4 should be plenty to start and run. You also my want to check plugs ,wires and timing. I not sure if this would have points but if so they are under the distribitor cap under the rotor.

thank you! all of that is fine though, but its wierd., the rv runs when connected to a gas can but not the stock gas tank. hhmm...

I would suggest blowing air through the line unhook it at both ends and blow air if not that then you have something blocking in the tank.

thank all of you so much u were extremely helpful. i will let u know how it goes.

If you are drawing fuel out of a can near the engine and bypassing the entire fuel line, it could be a split in a fuel hose near the tank (if used) allowing it to suck air also

Back
Top Bottom