1992 Bounder diesel ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tootie04

OK we found a 1992 36ft  Bounder for 6800.00 ....It has 200,000 on it and ALL the records are with it...the seller is the original owner.  The generator is not in it....it died and they just used a Honda gas generator cause diesel ones are too high...anyway the floor was redone with the hardwood floor stuff...it has never leaked and has 4 new tires and new brakes on it....so is this a good price?? oh it has all the window awning and  the big awning too.

It's probably near rock bottom for a running diesel Class A, and having all maintenance records is a plus, since it indicates the owners CARED enough to keep the maintenance up to date. The NADA guide isn't much help on an old rig like this. Depreciation has long since bottomed out and condition is everything.

The lack of the original generator is a negative, price-wise.  If you want the capability to run two a/c's off the generator, you will need 5000-5500 watts capacity, and that is serious cost. A pair of Honda 3000i's (see below) would run around $4000.

A stand-alone genset will substitute nicely for the original. A pair of 2000  watt Hondas would be a good solution, allowing you to run one for routine uses and pairing the other with it to run an a/c. If you want to run both a/c's off the genset, you need 5000+ watts, so maybe a pair of Honda 3000i's.  If you don't run without hook-ups often, perhaps just occasional Walmart stops or lunch breaks, you can do with less.

Thank you so much for your answer. My husband is a diesel mechanic so that is a plus for sure.  He says he will most likely do a gas generator in place of the diesel one. It is rare to find an original owner on that age of a coach.  We will be going on Thursday to look at it...I will post back if we end up buying it and driving it home...a 300 mile trip.

Gary RV Roamer said:
The NADA guide isn't much help on an old rig like this. Depreciation has long since bottomed out and condition is everything.
Absolutely right, Gary.  That worked in our favor when we sold our 95 Bounder diesel.  We asked above the NADA price as a starting point for negotiations and were pleasantly surprised to receive full asking price from a truck driver who knew exactly the good value he was getting.  (We provided all service data plus six new tires.)

Margi

Back
Top Bottom