Rear camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alrod013

For some reason, our rear camera has ceased to work. When we bought the rig, it did not work. Was told that it was just unplugged. Can't seem to find where that would be! Have checked fuses, but can't find one that seems to be linked to the camera. Any clues??

There is a plug at either end, one at the camera mounted high on the rear and another where it plugs to the video monitor in the dash. It seems likely the seller was just guessing, since he probably would have fixed it himself if it merely a matter of plugging it back in.  Does the dash monitor do anything? If it doesn't at least light up, you have a power problem to the monitor. The camera itself is pretty simple and has no fuse.

The monitor shows all the data feeds that happen: mileage, distance, etc. just not the rear view. Worked fine the day before and nothing was done to it. When we bought the rig, we had an inspector go over it. He pointed out the camera to the dealership and they said it was unplugged. Worked fine until yesterday. How hard is it to get behind the monitor?

It might not be "Behind the monitor" on my coach the plug in is under the dash.  On the floor in fact.. I know, I spliced in a "Camera 2" to the A/V 2 feed right there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom