Battery Box?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alane527

I just purchased a 1973 dodge class C and it has a empty box on the side that looks like it maybe for a secondary battery but it is only big enough for a large lawn mower battery. It has a ford style starter relay inside the box, a pic is attached so if anyone knows what it is for please let me know

Attachments

• box3.JPG
    box3.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 39
Sure looks like a battery box. My old Fleetwood Wilderness trailer had one much like it.  Are you sure a Group 24 battery won't fit in there? It's only 10 1/4 x 6 13/16 in footprint. 8 7/8" tall.

Your other message identical to this was removed. Please do not post duplicate messages on multiple boards on thsi site.

On a related note, I want to see more photos of your rig!  It looks just like my grandparents' Class C that I grew up camping in, a '73 Dodge Sprinter.  It was probably a 23' model.  Just looking at your avatar photo of the front of the MH brings back childhood memories.  :)

thanks all, I managed to find a rv guy thats been around for more then a couple days and he says the same thing it's the coach battery box.  the hight is the big issue 8 1/2 is all I get, so I am looking fo a side terminal battery to fit.
I'll work on the pics the ones I have are to big to load.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom