1977 Dodge Diplomat Sits Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

golftrip

Hello, I have 1 1977 Dodge Motor Home, it is a Diplomat II, and is in pretty good shape, however it seems like the left side sits about 2 inches lower than the right side when looking at it from behind.? I crawled underneath and looked at the leaf springs and I do not see any broken leaves.? Does anyone know why it is sitting this way?? Last year, it sat fine, but this spring, it seems a bit off-kelter.? Thanks for any help.. ???

hi, my 77 dodge monaco has the same problem. i think it is that the leaf spring has flatend out some because of the weight of the onan gen i have air bags to level it out....

ash said:
hi, my 77 dodge monaco has the same problem. i think it is that the leaf spring has flatend out some because of the weight of the onan gen i have air bags to level it out....

What kind of air bags are you using?  Could you tell me more please?  Thank you!

hi, think the air bags are firestone, i don't know who makes the kit. they were on it when i bought. when i air them up to 70psi it levels out and raises it up 2" i hope this helps you... PS. check your nearby 4wheelparts store.....

Back
Top Bottom