Recommend a receiver - please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SterlingSL

Current receiver throwing a mechanical error code when loading a cd.  Hasn't worked since day 1 when we bought the (used) RV, like several other things in this unit.

Place where we got the water pump replaced has a used Kenwood KDC MP2032 he wants to sell me for $50.  There are two smallish amps that power our speakers, 1 indoor, 2 outdoor.

Don't need multiple cd changer, 1 slot is fine.  Must be MP3 compatible.  Would like it to interface with my iPod-like device.  Not sure what else to ask for...

If you have an open AUX input on that receiver you can go with a stand alone CD portable (Walkman type or other) for about half the asking price.

or even a DVD player, (Still less) this way you could watch DVD's in house by feeding it to the TV (might need an RF Modulator for that) and feed it to the sound system for better sound both when watching movies and most of them play CD's including MP3 types.

How much do you want to pay?  Major brand automobile receivers are pretty similar in performance with others in their price range.  Look for one that's on sale or closeout.

What are the power ratings of the external amps?  If they're fed by RCA plugs, make sure the receiver has RCA jack preamp outputs.  If you get a high power receiver, you might be better off bypassing the amps and connecting the speakers directly to the receiver.  Try it both ways.

By Ipod-like compatibility, I assume you want an 1/8" aux input jack to feed from your player's headphone jack and you control the player using it's controls?  Some tuners let you dock an Ipod and control it from the front panel of the receiver but this doesn't work with other brands of players.

A USB slot will let you load music onto a memory stick then access your tunes using the receiver controls like you were playing a CD.

And a pendant remote will let you operate the receiver from across the room, say from your easy chair.

Back
Top Bottom