Smoky and the Admiral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shayne

Went to the Broadway plays revue here at the Pueblo El Mirage and spent one on the finest hours listening to the choral group sing. Wow What talent.  I knew they could sing, but certainly nothing like this. Our songbird (AKA) Admiral really has a sweet yet strong voice with talented range.  Beautiful, no doubt about it. Hey I haven't forgotten Smoky,  Super job, there also..  Standing ovation.  They should be proud of what they accomplished.  I know Audrey and I are proud of them.

Shayne said:
Went to the Broadway plays revue here at the Pueblo El Mirage and spent one on the finest hours listening to the choral group sing. Wow What talent.? ?I knew they could sing, but certainly nothing like this. Our songbird (AKA) Admiral really has a sweet yet strong voice with talented range.? Beautiful, no doubt about it. Hey I haven't forgotten Smoky,? Super job, there also..? Standing ovation.? They should be proud of what they accomplished.? I know Audrey and I are proud of them.

Hey next year maybe we can get a season ticket or a group rate.  Please let us know when  it is so that we don't miss it.  Any video?

Betty

Maybe we should encourage them to get out the Karoke machine next year at Quartzsite?? Singing under the stars?

wendycoke said:
Maybe we should encourage them to get out the Karoke machine next year at Quartzsite?? Singing under the stars?

There was a lot of discussion about Karoke that was going to take place at the last QZ rally.  Guess we must have been asleep when that occured. ;D ;D

Ron said:
There was a lot of discussion about Karoke that was going to take place at the last QZ rally.

The "open karaoke" was cancelled because it was clear that it would interfere with the good time folks were having just visiting and chatting in small groups. Smoky and Sharon kindly extended an invitation for folks to sing karaoke in their coach one evening, but apparently nobody turned up.

Shayne,

Thanks for the report. I know they're both very good singers and that's a show I would have loved to have seen/heard.

There was a video made, but I'm not sure who did it.  Perhaps the Admiral or Smoky might know.  I will try to get a hold of it.  It is 1 hour long for the entire program. 
All this and the best part is  IT WAS FREE.  I paid double, I thought it was that good.  They will be doing it again, somewhere.  I'll have to find out, where?

LOL Shayne and thanks for the nice words.

Yes there is a video.  We have not seen it yet, but we are invited to a cast cookout this coming weekend and expect to see it then.  I believe I can get a copy of it.  Was a great audience, we had 460 people watching.  Whenever i got nervous singing, I just looked over at Shayne and Audrie!  :D  Sharon was the real singer on our duet (from Phantom of the Opera) ...  I was simply the stem holding up the rose.

Yeah we will try Karaoke again at the next rally.  Tom, I picked up two very nice wireless mikes, so we could have a very good system set up.  For those who have never tried karaoke, it is a LOT of fun and would fit right in with rally activity.  And you can even chat in small groups while people are singing.... very informal and a lot of laughs too!  We have a songbook set up by artist and by song title, to make it easy for people to spot songs they would like to sing or request.  I think tom has a library also, so I expect there would be hundreds of songs to select from of all genres.

Back
Top Bottom