Jeepers Jamboree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

Hi All,
About 30 years ago my DH and I went on a Jeepers Jamboree up around Tahoe.  It was a lot of fun!  We were looking online and noticed that there are Jeepers Jamborees all over the country.  We were wondering, since a lot of you have jeeps, do any of you go on these jamborees?

tell us more, sounds interesting.

FMCA has a "Jeep type" off-road chapter that has lots of rallies.

The one we went on is called the Rubicon  Jeepers Jamboree.  If you "google" Jeepers Jamboree you'll see a lot of articles about it.  When we went there were probably over 100 jeeps and I've heard it's bigger now.  They served you 3 meals a day and set up a camp each night.  It was 3 days.  We even had a live band set up on top of the rocks above Lake Tahoe!  We really think we'd like to go on another one and just wondered about the other places.

BTW...DH=Dear Husband

Pauls Toy Hauler said:
sorry thread jack.  noob question, what is DH mean? 

Dear (or darn) husband, take your pick :)

mweber (KC9NPT) said:
Not to be real picky, but it's Jeep Jamboree.

Thanks for the clarification.  I guess WE always just called it Jeepers!! LOL :-\  Whatever you want to call it, it was fun and I just wanted to get some input for the ones other than the Rubicon, which we were on.  So, with that said...which ones were you on and could you give a little input?  Thanks in advance.  Mikie
Edit: Fixed quote.

We were regulars at Camp Jeep here in Nelson County, Virginia for four years in a row. It was a three day event. Like a Jamboree on steriods. But, they haven't held a Camp Jeep in about 5 years due to the decline in the economy and automotive industry. Camp Jeeps were fun, trail rides, new equipment demo's, kid's activities, and tons of Jeep displays. Not to mention the local RV sites were full of Jeepers. 8)

Back
Top Bottom