Surburban hot water heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kantra

My water heater lights and stay's lit but the water will not get hot even after 2 hours of burning  any ideas? The tank is full of water and I have drained it twice just to make sure. This drives me crazy HELP

If you only get cold water from the hot water faucets, then I would guess the bypass valve(s) is in the bypass position.

I have a brand new Surveyor and have checked the pressure relief valve and it is blowing out steaming hot water.  But I only get cold water out of my faucets.  I have seen a bunch of people saying check the bypass valve but my tank only has a hot and cold valve and if you turn one off it cuts the water off.  Does the water pump need to be on or off while heating water?

The water system needs pressure to operate, so either shore (city) water or the pump must be present and active. But if cold water flows, the water system has pressure and you need not worry on that score.

If the relief valve is draining hot water or steam without any human intervention, odds are the tank is overheating. Could be a bad thermostat, even on a new rig. However, if you are saying you open the relief valve manually and get hot water, that only means the tank is heating as it should.

If the heater bypass in your Surveyer has a single valve that you turn to bypass or ot, then there is a check valve where the line exits the tank. That is probably stuck closed and needs to be replaced. If it has two valves, it may have a check valve as well.  Are you saying there are two valves at the heater? A picture would help us figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom