sts-134, Shuttle Launch today.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

The silence is deafening on the forum today. Am I the first to say something about the final launch of Endeavor?

Since it was broadcast in HD (Hi-Def) today made it more exiting. Also the flawless launch  was noted after the few delays in the last week or two.

I watched it all on NASA TV on my PC - full screen, Made me forget a lot of the bad news otherwise on TV.

Carson FL....100 miles away.

The people that came here to watch had to be disappointed. It was visible for maybe 10 seconds after lift off here in Mims. There was a heavy cloud cover and we didn't see it until well into the flight and then for only a few seconds.

The TV tuned to the  NASA channel was the best viewing today.

Jerry

Jerry, I think you are right on. I wonder how many folks showed up this time; last attempt there were supposed to be thousands. Lots of launch attempts are probably good for the economy in your area. (Just kiddin')

I have watched launches several times from my driveway in Lecanto, FL. with good success. Sure saved a lot of gas money trying to get closer.  ;D

Carson

It was a beautiful sight from our back yard. It was visible as soon as it cleared the horizon and up until after the separation. There was some haze that blocked the view somewhat after the separation. I would rate it at about a 9 maybe a 9.5 based on the best shuttle views.

Like Carson I watched on NASA TV (HD: just great). I saw a lot of Shuttle liftoffs through the years, but I am still impressed. What a majestic picture!
Wander, what generation will come after the Space Shuttle...

Guten Tag, Mike.  nice to hear (read) from you again,  It has been a while.

Where have you been?  I know that the news on this forum has left a lot to be desired lately, but hang in there.

You are a valuable asset  to us in letting us know a bit about the European (German) way of thinking . You are an important person in the News Business.

I think we all need a bit of help in understanding what our friends think abroad. You are the man, Mike...

Tell us where you would like to go in the space race....

Carson, FL 

Carson,

I'm still  here. You know: I'm reading a lot but not writing a lot. I'm inhaling...
But you are right. I should write more about my (more or less) strange world. So I will inform you about RVing in Germany. Perhaps I start with the secrets of the German (European) drivers license(s) - there are a lot of them - secrets and DL types....
DL in the USA and DL in Europe are by far not the same.
Maybe such a story helps to understand the differences.

Have a good day

PS: Watching the Shuttle launch was easy for me. You had to rise early that day, I had to watch at 2.56pm - six hours later than you. ;D

Thank you, Mike. Would like to read more of your information regarding the Euro/American
differences. Give us a lot of unknown information from your end...we would appreciate anything from your end. All in the RV business will be helpful. Leave the politics out of it.

Carson FL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom