RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 13-19, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArdraF

Some of us have already signed up for a Moab rally NEXT year - 2012.  The dates are May 13-19, 2012 (7 nights, departing May 20th).  We can't get into Portal any earlier than the week of May 13th because the FMCA four-wheeling group has reserved the entire park for the previous week.  It's obviously become way too popular because it's full from Jeep Week at Easter until the week of May 13th!  If you even THINK you might want to come, sign up now.  If you decide six months from now that you cannot attend, it's easy to cancel, but it may not be as easy to get a site if you wait too long.  We'll do it the same way we did in 2011, e.g. as INDIVIDUAL reservations and not as a group reservation!

Each person needs to call Portal to make their own arrangements.  Portal's cancellation policy is that individuals can cancel up to 48 hours in advance of arrival without incurring charges for the entire time.  Group reservations cannot be cancelled without being charged.  It is for this reason that we are not set up with Portal as a group known as the RV Forum, so please don't say you are with the RV Forum ? just make your personal reservation.

The information you need is:
Portal RV Resort
1261 N. Hwy. 191
Moab, UT 84532
Phone: 435-259-6108
http://www.portalrvresort.com
Email: [email protected]

Please post in this thread when you make a reservation so that we all will know who is attending.  The first names on the 2012 Moab Rally Attendees List are:

Brewer (Betty & Terry), site 4
Bullock (Doris & Phil), site 8
FitzGerald (Ardra & Jerry), site 7
Kuch (Sheila & Ken), site M-17
Lawrence (Wendy & Mike), site R-46
Nesbitt (Mary Ann &  Don), site M-29
Pennings (Mimi & Chris), site 3
Roscoe (Corrine & Bill)
Sherow (Debby & Randy)
Wainwright (Jeannine & Dan)
Weimert (Barb & Frank), site 6
West (Marg & Dan), site R-14
Zueck (Chrystal, Mike & Jared), site M-30

Go to http://www.portalrvresort.com/w/site-map-res.pdf to see the resort's site map.  The M and R sections are the "new" section where each site has a cement pad and you have access to the swimming pool, hot tub, and dog park.  The numbered sites without an alpha prefix are in the "old" section where sites are gravel.  The following latitude and longitude for your GPS will turn you right into the property.  N38 35.367  W109 34.130  Elevation is at 3,926 feet.

Portal will not absolutely guarantee a site until the date gets closer because they sometimes have to move people around to fit everyone in.  This has always been their policy.  You can ask for a specific site by number when you make your reservation.

Remember this is NOT a group event.  Everyone must make their reservation in their own name and do not mention the RV Forum.  The reason for this is that you as an individual can cancel up to 48 hours before your arrival and get a refund, but if you are in a group reservation with a group discount you cannot cancel and get a refund.

Should you want to see a previous discussion of the 2011 rally at Portal, the following link will take you to the relevant RV Forum thread:  Rallies, Shows, & Events > RV Forum Moab Rally, May 8-15, 2011 or go to http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=31848.0

Hope to see you in Moab in 2012!

ArdraF and JerryF

Jerry & Ardra,

Thanks for a great rally.

We are scheduled for M17 next year.

Ken & Sheila
currently in Bend, OR

I've added the Kuchs and Wests to the list.  I couldn't remember all the site numbers, so please fill me in with any that are missing.  We have a good start with 11 signed up already for 2012!

Ken and Sheila - You're welcome.  Glad you came this year and happy to add your name.  See you somewhere along the road.

ArdraF

Nesbitts are on!  That makes 12 for 2012.  ;D

ArdraF

Mike and Wendy Lawrence, R-46 same as this year (Gordon wanted to be by the dog park again).

Wendy
near Goblin Valley State Park, Utah

You're on, Wendy.  And we know Gordon owns you two, not the other way around, so you go where he's happy.  You're at Goblin - such a fun place!  And some really good hikes there too.

ArdraF

RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 13-19, 2012 ATTENDEES LIST:

Bertram (Christi & Kim aka Skyking4ar2), site M-16
Brewer (Betty & Terry), site 4
Bullock (Doris & Phil), site 8
FitzGerald (Ardra & Jerry), site 7
Kuch (Sheila & Ken), site M-17
Lawrence (Wendy & Mike), site R-46
Nesbitt (Mary Ann &  Don aka Gmsboss1), site M-29
Pennings (Mimi & Chris), site 3
Roscoe (Corrine & Bill aka Photog)
Sherow (Debby & Randy)
Wainwright (Jeannine & Dan), site R-51
Weimert (Barb & Frank), site 6
West (Marg & Dan aka Utahclaimjumper), site R-14
Weston (Diane & Marty aka SargeW), site R-47
Zueck (Chrystal, Mike aka ZMotorsports & Jared), site M-30

skyking4ar2 said:
We're coming, too!!! Waiting for the reservation confirmation!!!

If you don't have it call them because they usually send it at the same time you make the reservation.

JerryF

Kim, I don't know why you don't want to be next to the WALL. We could do like you said and hang a very big sheet on the side of the casita and show movies.

Wendy
Devil's Canyon, Blanding, UT

Kim,

How is the weather in Ennis.  It has been too windy in the Bozeman area but otherwise we had a nice day. 

If you are over this way, give us a call -good in the book - but not any address you may find.  We are about 2 miles from the Flying J and I-90.

How is the Ennis RV Park?  We have a rally there later in the summer so would like to know.  I'd drive over but am not doing well sitting for long periods in the Jeep.  About 30 minutes is my current maximum.

Jim,

We will come up there! We have to come up to Bozeman because we have never been (read that - there's a Walmart) and we want to get exposed to all that Montana has to offer!

There are only a few people in the park at this time, although several 5'ers have staked out some choice spots and left their rigs parked.

Great people, neat little town, and obviously all the fishing you could stand. Christi has put a stamp of approval on the facilities, which does not happen that often. Lots of space, we are in the row with the longest pull throughs and love our view.

I will drop you a note and we will surely drop by (up?).... 8) - we are signed in for a month, at least, before heading north and west...

Kim,

The Museum here is excellent especially on dinosaur's.  The head paleontologist is Jack Horner, he was the advisor on Jurassic Park movies.  I am reading a book by him right now called "How to Build a Dinosaur".  They can't do it now but they are working on it.  :)

Lots of good stuff around MT.  Try to take in Virginia City and the Brewery Follies.  A little risque but very good.

Here's another strong recommendation for Virginia City.  Do take the fire engine tour of the town.  The fire engine is from Waukesha, WI, where I lived for nearly 30 years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom