RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 13-19, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here comes Mr. Negativity....good old Carson.

I pains me to see people being so eager to wangle out of a little price increase. I am certain that they, Portal RV, want to make sure they are not going backwards in being able to maintain their park.

Prices are going up everywhere, you should see  my grocery bill for 2 people that are small eaters. I would gladly pay more to make sure they won't label me a cheapskate having spent big bucks just to get to the park, in fuel costs, towing toads, big rigs etc. Rv'rs should do everything possible to maintain the status of being good customers now and in the future. Unless it is a total rip-off then all bets are off.
Oh well, just venting. Hope y'all will have a great time, again.

Carson FL

Carson,

I don't think the money is the issue, since it netted to about $50 over the course of a week and we all spent that on the farewell dinner last year, or more.

Most of us reserved our site a year ahead of time, and, if I am not mistaken, dropped a deposit.

The more pertinent issue is not the park raising rates and making a profit, but the terse email seven months later telling us the rates were up, "are you in or out?" Email certainly does always transmit tone well and Betty's research into the issue proved the tone was unintended.

From a customer relationship standpoint, businesses spend thousands of dollars trying to retain their customer base. The recent debacles by Bank of America, Netflix, and others to smack customers in the face with rate increases has the American consumer a little reactionary and the consumer is demanding better treatment.

Often a simple "May I have an explanation?" leads to the good result that Betty has produced.

Now that I have had my turn on the soapbox, I will slip off into the bubbles and have a nice day....  8)

Ok, Kim/Christi.  I understand your logic. If you had a contract from a year ago....fine

If you are a new signer of a new reservation..live with it, we all have to do that when fuel prices go up.... no contract.

I guess it is not the money but it is the principle of doing business. Prevent the RV park business from going down the tube.

Anther vent.  Carson FL 76.6?

skyking4ar2 said:
leads to the good result that Betty has produced.

Actually Doug from Portal RV contacted me( as a former rally leader)  wanting to avoid stress on the part of our rally participants.  He was the proactive one, not me.  I simply  put the message out on the Forum.  Like Kim,
I think it was good public relations on part of Portal. 

Betty

I doubt Portal will be "going down the tube"  any time soon.  It 's a very nice park and I'm certain folks will pay the increase with the expectation that hey, things go up.

So just to be crystal clear, no action is required on our part even though I received the e mail?  Just a notification that we are with rvforum upon check in?

SargeW said:
So just to be crystal clear, no action is required on our part even though I received the e mail?  Just a notification that we are with rvforum upon check in?

Yep Sarge, you got it just right.  BUT you must  remember to tell them at the desk upon check in as they will do something in the computer to give you the "old rate."
Betty

Carson,

Betty is absolutely correct.  This definitely is not an issue of the RV Forum members trying to "wangle out of a little price increase" to use your words.  We have been going to Portal for many years and Doug has kindly allowed us to be a de facto rally without the normal rally rules.  We have always signed up a year ahead of time so he is just honoring what was agreed upon last May 2011 when the first group of us signed up.  It's not something he had to do and I applaud him for it.  I think it's wonderful that he called Betty to let us know what was happening.  Thank you, Betty, for letting us all know what to expect.

ArdraF

RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 13-19, 2012 ATTENDEES LIST:

Bertram (Christi & Kim aka Skyking4ar2), site M-16
Borkowski (Janette & Chip aka Falconhunter), Site M-14
Brewer (Betty & Terry), site 4
Bullock (Doris & Phil), site 8
Burdick (Mikie & Jim aka 4ducksrus), site 10
Delker (Marge & Dave aka Dandmd), site M-54
Dodd (Loretta & Larry aka TheBigLarry), site R-22
Downs, (Liza & Ray), site M-13
FitzGerald (Ardra & Jerry), site 7
Gorber, (Donna & Ed aka Hfx_Cdn), site 19
Kuch (Sheila & Ken), site M-17
Lawrence (Wendy & Mike), site R-46
Mahoney (Russ), site 9
Maxwell (Estelle & Bob), site R-34
McL?? (Diane & Don), site 20
McRell (Paula & Jay), site 34 and ?
Nesbitt (Mary Ann &  Don aka Gmsboss1), site M-29
Pennings (Mimi & Chris), site 3
Peters (Linda & Charlie), site 13
Roscoe (Corrine & Bill aka Photog), site M-33
Sanders (Bob & Susan & Preston), site R-57
Sherow (Debby & Randy), site 48
Wainwright (Jeannine & Dan), site R-51
Weimert (Barb & Frank), site 6
West (Marg & Dan aka Utahclaimjumper), site R-14
Weston (Diane & Marty aka SargeW), site R-47
White (Tara & Ernie), site R-56
Wright (Nikki & Joe aka Trailsend), site 18
Zueck (Chrystal, Mike aka ZMotorsports & Jared), site M-30

I am a avid Jeeper, so much that I am building a second Jeep right now. I can't believe that I didn't see this before; I do several events a year. But I have a few questions for you and I think I got the bosses approval to go.
1. Are there any good spots left at the RV park?
2. What side do you use, south, north?
3.  What kind of trails do you do and do you do them as groups?
4. I really want to go. O.K. not a question!
Thank you

Attachments

• 2011 097.jpg
    2011 097.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 39
The park may be full so call the Portal RV Resort immediately if not sooner if you want to attend.  Don't wait!

JerryF

hes4all said:
I am a avid Jeeper, so much that I am building a second Jeep right now. I can't believe that I didn't see this before; I do several events a year. But I have a few questions for you and I think I got the bosses approval to go.
1. Are there any good spots left at the RV park?
2. What side do you use, south, north?
4. I really want to go. O.K. not a question!
Thank you

1.  I would call as soon as possible as they may be filling quick.
2.  We generally stay in the south (new/owners) section unless traveling with the in-laws who have a travel trailer.  There is nothing wrong with the north side.
3.  Last year was our first year but we did a moderate/difficult trail one day as a group and then an easy trail as a group the following day.  You don't have to do the trails with the group but it is fun with a few more rigs/people.

If at all possible try to make it as this is a great group of people.  Like I said last year was our first year and we were welcomed amongst the group.  We had a great time and will be back this year.

Mike.

1.  Are there any good spots left at the RV park?
2.  What side do you use, south, north?

Hes4all,

To add to Jerry's comment, we don't know what sites are available - only which ones we've already reserved (see list above).  The park will tell you what sites are still available.  We do know we've taken up most of the park in both the south and north sides.  If you sign up, please indicate on this thread your name(s) and site number so we know you're with our group.

As to four-wheeling, we usually decide on a few 4WD trails, some hiking trails, and other events.  Usually it's hike one day, drive one day, hike the next, and so forth.  Most of us go four wheeling with others not only because it's more fun, but also because cell service is spotty out there and it's good to have other people who can help when necessary.  We have various levels of both 4WD and hiking trails and try to plan for easy, moderate, and difficult trails so there's something for everyone.  Weather can be a big factor so nothing is set in stone until it happens.

ArdraF

suezek said:
Please add Bob Klonradi and Susan Klinefelter to the reservation list. Looking forward to Moab

Hey Bob and Susan,
Quartzsite must have been a hit to see the two of you commit to another  RVForum Rally. Hope to see you on the run at 9:30 am. 

Betty

This is our first RVForum outing and I have just a couple of questions...we are going to be in the (I believe the non-owner sites) and noticed that the pool/spa are located on the other side.  Does this mean we won't have access to the pool?  Just curious...Also, do we do any "shared" meals, or is it everyone for themselves? 

Jim,

We too are in the  non owner sites and alas no we won't have access to pool and spa, but it's usually too cold anyway.  We do have daily  happy hours where you can  bring a snack to share.  Whether or not we have a pot luck depends on consensus of group but last few years we women have not wanted to cook.  There are MANY fine restaurants in Moab.  So small groups do get together for dinners out, and we usually have a big group dinner on our final night at a very nice place. 

We are in the "owners" area (I'm surprised they let us in there :) ). We chose it because the site we're in is right in front of the dog park which is for that area only and we have a labrador who loves it. For $5 a night, we decided the dog park, sauna, and bath house were worth it. Of course, it is a very long walk to the pavilion where we have happy hour. Who cares, we need the exercise :)

Wendy
Qtz

All,
    Please add Dean and Linda Stock to the attendees list, Oh and Sherlock also.  We will be arriving on the 13th and leaving on the 20th.  We are in site RV 9.
    See you there.

Dean

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom