RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 13-19, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was I asleep? I remember door prizes but I don't remember a raffle? No drinking for me at Happy Hour this year :)

Wendy

Wendy said:
Was I asleep? I remember door prizes but I don't remember a raffle? No drinking for me at Happy Hour this year

Well er huh, maybe it was a  series of neat door prizes, but I am still drinking at happy hour anyway!
Betty

zmotorsports said:
Betty, I think we should make a standing rule that if you won in the raffle last year you should be exempt from participating the following year.

Oh No my friend!  As I seem to recall your family had a grand slam on the  awards and no,  you  will NOT be exempt from awards this year!  ( by the way all new awards have been purchased so Jared does not have to return anything!)
Betty

Betty Brewer said:
Oh No my friend!  As I seem to recall your family had a grand slam on the  awards and no,  you  will NOT be exempt from awards this year!  ( by the way all new awards have been purchased so Jared does not have to return anything!)
Betty

Jared already has the Happy Duck packed and is bringing it back to pass along to another deserving member.

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
Jared already has the Happy Duck packed and is bringing it back to pass along to another deserving member.

Alrighty then, let the games begin.

Betty

By the way, on the Moab 4x4  trail today called Mashed Potatoes, I met a couple from Tucson who will be moving over to site 5 (right next to us)  during our RVForum rally.  They have been lurkers on Forum for a while so I invited them to join our festivities next week. Jan and Mike if Memory serves.

Welcome new blood.

Betty

Just pulled into Portal today, site R47. Getting settled in and having a bite. Will walk around a little later and see who is here, or stop if you are going by!

Did they do any landscaping around the sites in that section? Last year they were just dirt and weeds around the concrete pad. We're next door in R-46 starting Sunday.

Wendy

Wendy said:
Did they do any landscaping around the sites in that section? Last year they were just dirt and weeds around the concrete pad. We're next door in R-46 starting Sunday.

Wendy,

All of the grass with stickers has been removed.  Gravel is in it's place and starts of new bushes/ plants  are  being drip watered.  They are still tiny.  Sites are clean but I do track in the tiny rocks. 

As long as they don't mow the gravel and throw rocks at my motorhome again this year :)

Wendy

Not much in the way of weeds. A few small tractors sitting out in front of the rig right now. Looks like they may be starting to landscape that area. The dog park looks great!

We've got high weeds next to R-56, but that wide concrete slab is wonderful after tracking in gravel for the first three days.
Ernie

SargeW said:
Just pulled into Portal today, site R47. Getting settled in and having a bite. Will walk around a little later and see who is here, or stop if you are going by!

We will be in site R-48 on the other side of you.  We won't be able to arrive until Wednesday though.

Mike.

We leave tomorrow.  We will see you all on Sunday.

BTW, I have some great wine and margaritas for all!

We have met several couples this week at the FMCA 4 wheeling group who will be at Portal next week and I've invited them to join our group.  They seemed interested even after I told them of our antics.  Hopefully they will come on line and  " register" their names.  Welcome newbies,

Ardra if I recall we meet at the Portal Pavillion on Sunday at 4 pm to  finalize the weekly agenda right?

Betty

Big snow on the high passes between here and Durango today... Hope it gets warmer quickly... Probably gonna freeze tonight, not a hard freeze but a freeze.  ugh.

Betty Brewer said:
Ardra if I recall we meet at the Portal Pavillion on Sunday at 4 pm to  finalize the weekly agenda right?

Betty

There's a good chance, given the forecast for rain tomorrow, that we'll not make it that early due to snow in the high country. Of course if that doesn't materialize, we expect to be there mid-afternoon.

Betty - Yes, happy hour on Sunday at 4:00 so we can decide everything!  ::)  See you Sunday!

ArdraF

They dropped our chance of showers down to 30% this afternoon ending early evening with tomorrow looking lovely. So those of you here in Cortez or heading thru Durango and Cortez should be in good shape. Those of you up on I-70 may have a problem, or not, after all, it is Colorado where the weather delights in being changable :)

Wendy
Cortez CO

ArdraF said:
Betty - Yes, happy hour on Sunday at 4:00 so we can decide everything!  ::)  See you Sunday!

ArdraF
Is that everybody or the Executive Committee?

Back
Top Bottom