Cobra 18 "9" blinking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedT

This radio has been working fine for several years, is powered from the "run" or "accessory" side of the ignition switch. If the coach power is disconnected, upon reconnecting and turning on the radio, it will automatically select channel 9.  So, today I started the engine and the channel select window shows channel 9, but it is blinking?!?  Attempt to change channels, but nothing happens. Checked both in-line fuses and they check good. Checked Cobra web site for troubleshooting, but could not find anything.

(The weather channel works fine)

Disregard.....this dummy had the switch positioned wrong!    ;D    Se, I coulda said that using my expertise, I fixed it!! 

Glad you fixed it.. I have two (Well realy 3 if I count the hand held) CB's in the front of my coach,  A top end Cobra, A mid range vintage Radio Shack, and a Midland Hand held (Which I ough to check the batteries on since they are around end of shelf life,, I don't use it often)

The mid-range has six (I think) programmable memories, plus a red CHAN 9 Button and a MEM button to aid in programming.

That is the one I keep on 13 (Short antenna, poorly mounted, short range)

I keep the big cobra on 19 normally..  (Better antenna, better location, speaker is an ear piece so as to not bother wife with "Trucker Talk"

Of course for real communications I grab the Yesau FT-51R's mic and press the power button on the Mirage dual band amplifer.  But hey, not all of us can do that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom