85 Mallard...finally the rebuild has begun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giamantic

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while but, things got crazy and you all know that we were at a stand still for a little bit.  But I updated my blog to include some pics of the stud replacements that we did.  Check it out...

85mallardmod.blogspot.com

We have begun the insulation process but it is something that I just can't stand doing so it is requiring extra motivation to keep plucking through it.  But once that is done...should be fun with the rest.

Thank you to all that have helped us out thus far in this process....

Sorry the link is suppose to be:

http://85mallardmod.blogspot.com

Hopefully I got it right this time...lol

Link works! After you get the insulation up- it gets better as you probably won't be itching like crazy

Yeah I hope so, the itching isn't even the problem really.  Not really sure what it is because it's not that hard.  But we decided to do it sections.  Instead of insulating everything all at once. I am doing a wall, then cutting the panelling, making sure they fit and then staining and sealing them.  Tonight our first wall will go up and am very excited about that.  Can't wait to take pics or everyone. 

Well we have made some progress on getting insulation and wall panels up.  We have 3 walls insulated and panels in place.  Still need trim on those walls but that will come later.  We ran out of panels so we are going tonight to get more.  We can only get 5 at a time as we have a mini van and they would get to heavy and break.  But it works out well for us.  We did have a 4th wall up but took it down as Stacy decided she didn't like the finish.  So we redid that one now and it is coming along well.  This has been an every other weekend job as I work the other weekends.  But we will keep on a trucking.

I hope to have more pics on here soon.  Maybe after the weekend if all goes well.  Take care everyone.

http://85mallardmod.blogspot.com

Back
Top Bottom