Tile Flooring "scuffing"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

I am hoping someone will know what I can do to remove the "scuff" marks that are showing up on my tile floor.  One of the main slides seems to be leaving a rubbing mark on the tile and I can't get it off with just plain soap and water.  It's actually ingrained into the tile.  Anyone else have this problem with a "tile" floor?  Makes me think my tile isn't actually tile at all.... :-[

My tile was marked and than scored by my slide guides. Problem was the sub floor began to bow ... some tile was removed floor sanded tile replaced...all done By forest city.

Thanks for the input.  Guess my local dealer wouldn't be able to do....at least I'm not sure I'd want them to do it.  Guess we will have to schedule a trip out east...! ;D

My kitchen cabinet leaves a scuff on the tile from the rubber gasket that seals the bottom of the wood and the tile. It isn't a gouge though, just a rubber mark. The DW uses a general cleaner to get it mostly off. Not enough to consider tearing the floor up though.

A member of another forum replaced their carpet with Allure flooring and mentioned mounting a small roller(s) under their slide to minimize the chances of scuffing.  Something to consider?
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/slide-roller-help-74563.html

SargeW said:
My kitchen cabinet leaves a scuff on the tile from the rubber gasket that seals the bottom of the wood and the tile. It isn't a gouge though, just a rubber mark. The DW uses a general cleaner to get it mostly off. Not enough to consider tearing the floor up though.

Yes, that's where mine is doing it, when the passenger slide is out, it's on that side in front of the sink.  I'm not sure if it's a gouge or just a rubber mark...I'll have to try and rub it out.  I just noticed it.  Thanks!

robroy said:
try using the Mr. Clean Magic eraser.

Ditto, I use it all the time for scuff marks, no additional cleaner needed. Our slide hits carpet and therefore we use "Tuff Stuff" which takes those streaks out of the carpet. Just a side not for those that have the slides hitting carpet.

to prevent future marks, I understand that these work well; http://www.berrylandcampers.com/rv-parts/new-used/Slide-Out-Slicker-p-778.html

Used it and it worked!  Thanks all for your suggestions!  I sure am glad it was just a "rubbing" mark and not an actual scuff in the tile. ;D

Back
Top Bottom