No More Need for All American Direct ?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arcticfox2005

Apparently DISH has made a deal that allows them to provide distant networks from both LA and NY. I spent about two hours on the phone yesterday with at least 6 different phone numbers  for DISH and finally found a rep who had some valid info. He said that the new procedure was only three days old and largely unknown by everyone. He directed me to www.dishnetwork.com/distantnetworks, and there I found all the info. Basically, you submit two forms (PDF files are available on the page),  and a photocopy of your RV registration. They can be mailed or faxed, and 10-14 days later, your receiver will be activated. I know that All American Direct can only provide SD signals, and the info at the before mentioned website does not address whether or not HD will be available. So, if in fact all of this is valid, then paying All American Direct $12.99/month will no longer be necessary. Also, for those of us on the Pay-As-You-Go program, the distant network service will be disconnected along with everything else when you desire. It does appear that your RV registration will have to be resubmitted every time your registration expires and is renewed. Apparently the feds are insisting that DISH plays by the rules and the rules are very strict - that's what got DISH in hot water back in 2006. Let's hope it really plays out!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom