Looking for: Bluegrass Festivals, in California, in the Fall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fastrak100

Looking for: Bluegrass Festivals, in California, in the Fall.
Does anyone know of any (where we can camp) in October/November.

Death Valley 49ers Encampment, 1st week of November. Very popular, campgrounds fill quickly. Bluegrass, western and gospel music. Lots of fun. Details here.

Enjoy
Wendy

That looks like it would be great fun.
Still looking for other fun places for bluegrass in Southern California and (now) Arizona.

www.bluegrassfestivalguide.com  Check the site out, by state or dates.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass is in Oct I think, up by San Fran.  3 days and free, not sure if it is RV friendly or not, it is CA you know.

Thanks for that, that one is a possibility at the moment. But, what does the comment 'it is Ca you know', it Ca not very RV friendly then? So far we have just driven into Banning, stored the Trailer and jumped the plane home. We expect to return in September and we plan to enjoy Ca, hope we are not going to be disappointed.

Fastrak100,

You won't be disappointed.  CA only puts restrictions on MHs over 40 feet long.  The restrictions are on which highways a 40 foot plus MH can drive.  OTOH, you will find everything is about 10% more expensive than other places. 

There is an RV park near SF called Candlestick.  Look in the Trailer Life Directory.

Also, this RV Park is about 20 miles south of SF and it too is in the Trailer Life Directory.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=43562.msg401894#msg401894

Don't pay any attention to my CA comments.  It is just me.  That one was more for the fact most BG fests have RV camping, but in SF. CA who knows.  It is an ultimate fest though. 

Heck, the Targhee fest near here has a 20' limit or you pay an extra $50.  They all have their own rules and deals.

If I had nothing but time and money, I would map out a festival route and try to hit one every weekend!

Death Valley is in California and the 49ers Encampment is a fantastic music festival. Of course, there are places in California that don't feel like they're IN California.

Wendy

Wendy said:
Death Valley is in California and the 49ers Encampment is a fantastic music festival. Of course, there are places in California that don't feel like they're IN California.

Wendy

Right on, Wendy.  Lassen NP, Mt. Shasta, the Redwoods, the Sierras, Big Sur and many more come to mind.  Even the killer bluegrass festival at urban Candlestick is right on beautiful San Francisco Bay.

Margi

Well, having just looked at the prices of Candlestick and other RV near SF I have already found one reason for having doubts about Ca.
But I like the look of the 49ers in Nov.

Now don't judge the whole state of California based on prices in SF. That's like judging the whole state of NY based on the prices in NYC. Or looking at the prices in Telluride Colorado (which has a spectacular bluegrass festival coming up) and judging the whole state. Some places just cost more than others .... and they're never crummy, ugly places.

Go to DV and enjoy the Encampment and a very scenic National Park. Just be sure to get there early.

Wendy

Oh yes, I realise that price and pleasure in RVing do not necessarily correlate. Many thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom