Bob's New Used Rig and Whereabouts.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DougJ said:
Congratulations on your new rig.? I too like the sloped shape of the older MHs--we have a 1990 Winnebago Elandan.? However, this means that we live in an aisle rather than a room (to use your phrase); mind you, my wife and I have spent three and a half months in it at one time--without a fight or a cross word.

All the best.

Doug

Thank you for the thoughts, Doug. This is the first rig I have ever had (my 4th now) that two people could pass without touching -- but sometimes, that's a good thing.  ;)

Lou said:
Congratulations Bob!? I'm sure you'll have fun outfitting your new home.? ?Will you be doing the work at your sister's house or elsewhere?

Lou

Hey Lou -- thanks for the thoughts. Fortunately, my brother in law is good at that kinda stuff so will do some things here. Other stuff, such as my Inverter and Charger I will probably go looking for Wally. I have two 12 volts now and will add at least two 6volts later. My solar panels are in storage over in Gila Bend and am undicided whether to put them back on this roof or just set them up beside the rig.

And then there is the Internet Sat dish scenario. Am back on a Tripod with my Starband system for now and sold the roof mount that I used with the DW dish. Will probably go to an auto dish by Winegard when Starband finalizes their arrangements. Will still carry at least one SB Pod system as inventory.

Let me know when you visit the Sacto area, Lou . . .[br]Date Posted: March 08, 2006, 10:28:14 AM
Jim Dick said:
Hi Bob,

Congratulations on your new coach!!! Looks really great. Hope to see it in QZ in '08!

Thanks, Jim. I hope that's a typo and you meant '07 . . .

Chet18013 said:
New rig looks great, Bob. What are you goin to do with all that room<<GGG>>. You know what they say--"The junk expands to fill the space available!"

Chet18013

Thanks, Chet. I hear what you say about junk expanding. Fortunately, I'm the opposite of a pack rat. I LOVE to throw stuff away that I don't use anymore. And UNfortunatelly, am more prone to "Shwartz's Law".

Shwartz's Law: "Murphy was an optimist."

Bob

Congrats on the new rig. ?It looks great. ?Like Sam said just point it where you want to go and the rest will follow. ?It is so nice to be able to see all around you from up there. ?All your pics were great. ?Look forward to seeing you and the new rig. ?Will you be at Moab?

Hi Bob,

I'm afraid that wasn't a typo. We'll be staying in FL next winter as well. We'll head west around December of '07.

Hi Bob,

Good looking rig, I know you will be happy with it.
We will be back in the Antelope Valley in April & May. If you are going to be around then you could give me an "Expanded Tour" maybe? :)

Jerry

Congratulations on the new rig. I always said we didn't need a slide out until we had one! Now I wouldn't trade the 'room' for the 'aisle' for anything.

And your gas price sounds heavenly.....it just went from 2.39 to 2.58 here. If it doesn't go down by May, those attending Moab will want to fill up before they get anywhere near here!!

jerryarlyne said:
Hi Bob,

Good looking rig, I know you will be happy with it.
We will be back in the Antelope Valley in April & May. If you are going to be around then you could give me an "Expanded Tour" maybe? :)

Jerry

Hello Jerry -- thanks for the good wishes on my new used rig.

Yes, Mojave seems to be a focal point for my trips North and South so would look forward to seeing you again. We could do another hamburger -- and continue to discuss and solve the world problems. My driving the new rig so far has been limited to figure eights on the Dell Diamond parkiing lot in Round Rock -- and about 20 miles or so of the 35 freeway as I take the rig to various places for check ups and such. I have a number of local trips planned before taking on the 10 across West Texas again.

Lorna said:
Bob

Congrats on the new rig. ?It looks great. ?Like Sam said just point it where you want to go and the rest will follow. ?It is so nice to be able to see all around you from up there. ?All your pics were great. ?Look forward to seeing you and the new rig. ?Will you be at Moab?

Thanks, Lorna. I have the concept of the extra length following me down now -- it appears to be doing that without my checking it out every 10 minutes <g>. I guess I'm close to 50 feet now with my Jeep toad. Even with the Tioga, I am was always concerned when moving to right lanes on crowded freeways (no co pilot now that I don't have a cat anymore). Am checking eBay for a used Garmin 2610 so that should help.

Yes, I too am enjoying the large windshield and higher seats that I have now vs. the Class C. Even when parked, in a Class C one has to bend over from the living area to see out the front end. Am looking forward to the views while parked in various neat spots. However, I "will" have to get used the feeling that I am taking up three lanes while driving the freeways <g>.

Right now Moab seems doubtful -- but perhaps. I "really" enjoyed my last trip there a few years back and look forward to doing it again.

wendycoke said:
Congratulations on the new rig. I always said we didn't need a slide out until we had one! Now I wouldn't trade the 'room' for the 'aisle' for anything.

And your gas price sounds heavenly.....it just went from 2.39 to 2.58 here. If it doesn't go down by May, those attending Moab will want to fill up before they get anywhere near here!!

Thank you for the congrats, Wendy. I've been a full timer now for over 10 years and have never had a slide - so the extra room is a whole new world for me.

Gas prices here were down to $2.07 shortly aftre my arrival in Austin -- but have started creeping up again. I guess Exxon and the others have decided they need to get back on track to billions in profits again. I don't even want to think about AZ and CA prices as I begin my trek West . . .

Let me know when you visit the Sacto area, Lou . .
Funny you should mention ...  I've been rehired by the San Francisco stations to come down once a month and go through their transmitter sites.  The guy they hired to replace me didn't work out and they're having trouble finding another.

Actually, I was looking for an excuse to get down to northern CA on a fairly regular basis so I can visit my parents.  Sunday and Monday I stayed with my father and my mom was able to visit my sister in Sacramento - the first time she's been out of the house overnight in 3 years.

I'm going to move my motorhome down to Woodland - I found a storage lot that's a block from the Yolo County airport bus.  It run every hour to and from the Sacramento airport.  This way I can catch a cheap flight from Seattle, take the bus to the storage yard and use the motorhome for the week.    My plans are to come down on a Friday, spend the weekend at the Railroad Museum, work a couple of days, spend a couple of days with my parents, spend another weekend at the Museum, then park the motorhome and fly back to Seattle.  The radio station pay will more than cover the expenses of the trip.

So, let me know when YOU"RE in Sacramento!

Lou

Bob,

It looks like a great coach. May you enjoy it for many years.
If you get near Albuquerque, give us a shout and a dinner awaits!

Bob, We've never met but we are about to share some of the same experiences in the class A world.  I only hope that someday I have as many folks wishing me well as you have here on this board.  Great times, great trips  and may they all end among friends.  lou

Lou,

Let me be one of the first to wish you well! Hopefully you will get to meet many of the framily. I think once you meet Bob you'll understand why he is getting the response. :)

Bob Maxwell said:
Bob,

It looks like a great coach. May you enjoy it for many years.
If you get near Albuquerque, give us a shout and a dinner awaits!

Thank you, Bob . . .

From the reports I hear, you are the grandest of hosts -- and I look forward to that dinner.

BTW, am visiting w/Little Sister and Brother in Law -- and they still do the Kentucky thing of having Supper vs. Dinner. Dinner in Kentucky is Lunch in CA. When I first left KY years ago, that took a bit of getting used to.  ???  The first time I was invited to Dinner -- I was 5 hours early.

Hello Lou:

Thanks for jumping into this thread -- I appreciate your thoughts.

>> Bob, We've never met but we are about to share some of the same experiences in the class A world.
====
Great -- looks like we have the same vintage rigs. How long have you had the Bounder? And what part of the country are you from?

When I was transferring stuff from my Tioga over to the Adventurer, I had the hood up while clutching a small wrench. The dealer asked what I was doing and I explained that I was about to transfer the V10 from the rig I was trading to the Adventurer I had just purchased. He failed to see the humor in that.  :)  Will look forward to info from you on how the power assist stuff you have on the Bounder is working out.

>> I only hope that someday I have as many folks wishing me well as you have here on this board.
====
Am sure you will, Lou. There are very special people on this forum that care a lot about other framily members -- and the good and bad things that cross our paths. Hope you can get to some of our rallies and meet these fine folks in person.

>> Great times, great trips? and may they all end among friends.? lou
====
Thanks again, Lou. I look forward to meeting you and Jane down the road . . .

Bob Buchanan said:
BTW, am visiting w/Little Sister and Brother in Law -- and they still do the Kentucky thing of having Supper vs. Dinner. Dinner in Kentucky is Lunch in CA. When I first left KY years ago, that took a bit of getting used to.? ???? The first time I was invited to Dinner -- I was 5 hours early.

That's true outside of Omaha & Mpls and most of West TX. When we moved from Omaha to Coleman TX, 52 miles se of Abilene, that was the first of many local customs I came quickly to love. That's a farmer/rancher way of living that's common I think from the Gulf up into Canada.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom