First trip this year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

campergirl

This spring I had several upgrades done to my '94 Mallard and I'm really pleased with how everything went overall. I got new foamies for the girls' bunks, replaced all the lights with LEDs, replaced the old outside-pilot-light hot water heater with an inside switch model, got new tires, fixed the furnace, had the fridge checked, and a few other regular maintenance kind of things. Next up is to get new blackout blinds. I was really excited because we were camping with full hookups, our annual treat.

The LED lights are fabulous. Very bright, and apparently an 85% power savings. The hot water switch is an absolute dream to have, no more running out to check the pilot light and relight if there's a breeze! Everything was wonderful, and it would have been an excellent weekend -- if we'd had heat!

I just had the darn thing fixed because last year it only blew cold air. It would work sometimes, but usually not. When I had it in for repair, my RV guy thought it was the master on/off switch, so he replaced that, checked it, and it worked fine. Well, not fine enough, because it quit on me after the first night. So for the next 24 hours we were chilly. Then it worked again the next morning for a few hours, and then died on me and didn't start again. Boy oh boy, that furnace can blow air like air conditioning, it was so cold!

I've checked through Gary's troubleshooting guide, and I think I've narrowed it down to a few possible causes. I will take it in next week for a more thorough repair. Everything else was fabulous, though, and even though it rained most of the weekend and we were right nippy, it was still better than not camping at all!

It's incredibly wet here, still, and the ground is just spongy. It's been a really cold, late spring, and I hope we can make up for it this summer!

Back
Top Bottom