Canada trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wylie

Looking for suggestion on campground ,ontario or quebec for walleye fishing. At this time prefer to rent a boat instead of towing one. Also if not a campground, just a lake that is good fishing ,thanks.

Sorry wylie

Canada doesn't have any walleye fishing. We may still have some blue and yellow pickerel left but we don't allow any Americans to fish for them.  :p

Dave

We stayed at Tomahawk RV on Lake of the Woods in 2006.....great walleye fishing.  They will rent boats, but I would advise that you use a guide.  People can get all turned around on Lake of the Woods and get lost very quickly.  We had a ball and ate our catch of walleye,  the best tasting fish in the world in my not so humble opinion.  ;)

Tomahawk Resort is located near Souix Narrows in Ontario, Canada.  Here is their website:  http://www.tomahawkrv.com/

Marsha~

Wylie

Hope I didn't put you off your fishing trip. Was just funnin' with you. Some of us are a little sensitive to people south of the border calling our pickerel Walleye, even if that is what they are.

Now, back to your original question, which was very broad. What time of year are you planning your trip and where will you be coming from? It's so much easier to make suggestions, if we could get some more info from you. You do not have to travel too far into Ontario to find good pickerel fishing. If you are coming in from Upper New York, the Thousand Islands area has some excellent campgrounds with boat rentals. Rideau Acres Camping Resort is just one of many in that area,on the Rideau River, and is also a Passport America park.
The Kawartha Lakes area which is just north of Toronto is littered with good pickerel fishing and also has many PA campgrounds. http://www.passportamerica.com/campgrounds/on
On the other hand if you are coming from further West and cross into Ontario from Minnesota, the recomendation from Marsha sounds excellent. It really depends on how remote you want to be. I would caution you, that as soon as the ice is gone, the black flies can be a real problem in Northern Ontario. That is why I was trying to ascertain when your trip would start. If you are anywhere near Detroit, you could cross at Windsor and fish for pickerel at Leamington. It is on the North shore of Lake Erie and has become very popular with the locals (shhhh) :-X , since the return of WALLEYE into the great lakes.

Hope this helps
Dave 

Thanks Marsha and Dave,ive been to Quebec twice in my life, cabonga reservoir,deer horn lodge,had a good trip both times .Want to try something new, I like suggestion Lake of the woods it sounds like my kind of place,also open to other ideas,would be able to go from may thru september dont want to pick wrong month for mosquitos and  bugs. I would be coming from PA  .

Back
Top Bottom