Dallas TX Campgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raynladonna

We are starting to plan our trip from Deep South TX to TN and intend to stop and spend a few days visiting some of the sights in Dallas. Does anyone have a recommendation for a campground that can handle a 40' motorhome? We do have two indoor cats and most campgrounds ignore them.

Weather will determine our routing after leaving Dallas - i.e. I30/I40 for I20 heading east, so a campground to the East or Northeast would be preferable.

--  Ray & Ladonna  --

We stayed at an Escapees park called Cowtown RV Park in Aledo (near Fort Worth, TX). They can accomodate large rigs with no problems.

We usually stayed at Treetops Village in Arlington.  No problem for large rigs.

raynladonna said:
We are starting to plan our trip from Deep South TX to TN and intend to stop and spend a few days visiting some of the sights in Dallas. Does anyone have a recommendation for a campground that can handle a 40' motorhome? We do have two indoor cats and most campgrounds ignore them.

Weather will determine our routing after leaving Dallas - i.e. I30/I40 for I20 heading east, so a campground to the East or Northeast would be preferable.

--  Ray & Ladonna  --

Ray and Lodonna:

Treetops RV and Traders Village are good between Dallas and Ft. Worth.  There is a new RV park called Bluebonnet Ridge east of Dallas on IH 20 with 90 foot sites.  It is at exit 506.  That is actually just east of Terrell, TX.  There is a RV Park in Plano on 75 called Spring Creek RV, but it is right adjacent to the freeway and heavy traffic.  Since you indicated you wanted to be east, then Bluebonnet Ridge is your best bet.  When do you plan on coming through.  Like to see you.

Paul and Linda DeMars are due in this Friday.

Ron and Shirley

Tom, Ned and Ron -

Thank you for your responses and recommendations. Most of the parks mentioned - Escapee Park excluded - were in Trailer Life and I like to get first hand feedback when available.

Our current intention is to leave the Valley about 28 March and be in the Dallas area 30 March - 2 April. The exhibits dealing with the Kennedy assination are high on the priority of things to do when we are there.

--  Ray & Ladonna  --

Ray and Ladonna

I have been to the Kennedy exhibit in Dallas and it is well worth the stop.  Enjoy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom