A gentle question... 2011 Tornado problems.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

I noticed no activity re our current Central US disaster area on the Forum at all.

Does anyone have have any relevant information on the welfare of RV-Forum members during the current disaster in those areas? We know hundreds or more residents in those areas have been affected.

There must be a few people we know that have been affected. Perhaps we have to wait for info.

Carson FL...94.0?

We've been in Ham Lake, MN, since last Friday and had lots of wind and rain last weekend.  No tornadoes touched down at the campground but I believe one did about 4 miles to the east and the airport about 7 miles to the south had wind damage.  Some folks here in the campground saw rotating clouds go over the campground but none touched down.  North Minneapolis didn't fair as well.  Lots of trees down and a large area was inaccessible by other than on foot after the Saturday storms.

Last week we drove through Tornado Alley (OK,KS,MO,IA) in beautiful weather but it caught up to us here.

Thanks Ned,

I hope your primary home escapes any damage.  Be careful...it's a long way to walk home to TX.

Carson

Thanks, Carson.  No more severe weather in the forecast, just some rain and possible thunderstorms in the next few days.  Typical upper midwest weather :)

I live about an hour from Joplin so my house didnt have any damage, but I know several people that have lost thier home and lost several friends in the tornado. I'm going over on Saturday to help clean up.

We are parked at the Berrien County 4H Fairgrounds in Berrien Springs, MI for the FMCA-GLASS rally. There are about 700 coaches here in attendance.

About 3PM this afternoon, the loudspeaker announced a voluntary evacuation to a nearby school as a tornado shelter. Just about the entire rally was transported over there where we gathered for about an hour. The tornado watch, warning, severe thunderstorm warning and other not too good notices covered the whole area from South Bend, IN to Goshen, IN and north into MI.

For caution, I rewound the power cord, lowered the antenna, brought in the slides and closed the drapes. Thankfully, the precautions weren't necessary. The ground is quite water logged. A coach next to us tried to get out a little earlier and got stuck. Needed a large tractor to pull him out.

Right now, the weather is clear, tho still cloudy, and the water in the puddles is receding. Still might have a go at the entertainment tonite.

We have decided to stay an extra day here and let things dry out and not fight the mud and other departures. The weather forecast is clear thru Tuesday nite.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom