Front end plexiglass armor/bugshield?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clarabelle

Anyone know where I might find one of those plexiglass shields that mount below the windshield a couple of inches away from the body?? Any experience with one that you would like to share would also be nice. I have a 2003 American Tradition.? Thanks.

I have seen them and I wouldn't have that hanging on the front of any MH we own.  With those on you have to clean two additional surfaces which will require removing at least part of the thing to do it right.  Now anotheroption would be to have the film applied.  Call American Coach for a list of places that does it and does it right.  Hopefully some of the framily that has the DuPont film product will jump in with more details.

Ron said:
Hopefully some of the framily that has the DuPont film product will jump in with more details.

The 3M film was applied at the factory when our coach was built. Some friends of ours took their coach to the Monaco service center to have it applied.

The clear, plexiglass or acrylic shields are named Coach Armor and come from a company of that same name in Junction City, OR.  Country Coach provided them as a factory option for a few years.  I could not access their website - www.coacharmor.com - but here is a phone: (541) 998-3438

Clarabelle said:
Anyone know where I might find one of those plexiglass shields that mount below the windshield a couple of inches away from the body?  Any experience with one that you would like to share would also be nice. I have a 2003 American Tradition.  Thanks.

I had one of those on my CC Intrigue. Hated it. Had to wash three surfaces everytime I cleaned the coach. The shield will scratch if you're not very careful when washing. I now have a 2000 American Dream and will not put one on. I also hate the bra but it's better than the lexon shield. I have thought about the mylar film but it's not cheap. The front of mine is all white and I have seen some of that stuff turn yellow. I think you need to be sure it's the 3M brand as that is not supposed to yellow. On dark colors it's not much of a problem. When done correctly it really looks good and works pretty well. There is an outfit that comes to the American Coach factory service center that does it.

Thank you all for the replies.? It sounds like I won't be pursuing the lexan shield.? Sounds like a real pain.? I am going to get the 3M instead.? I appreciate the knowledgeable input.

Back
Top Bottom