Need Direct TV dual LNB dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

Anyone know where I can pick up an inexpensive Direct TV dual LNB dish?  Until I get my KVH in motion dome fixed at Pomona (it no longer can communicate via low speed data port and manual switch not working right)  I have to watch Direct TV via a single LNB dish on my tripod.  We can see the shows, but my new DVR will not record one channel while I watch another, nor will it switch automatically without the second LNB.  My current dish has two outputs, but apparently that is not enough.

I would love to find a used and/or inexpensive dual (or triple) LNB Direct TV dish.

Smoky

Why carry another dish around.  Get a universal BOW for your direcway dish then you will have the dual LNB mounted on your DW dish and it will not take up anymore storage space.  Simple to install and after being installed whenever  you set up the Dw dish you TV will also be ready to go.  This is the same thing I have on ours.

Ron, just out of coursity, can you double check your satalite assignments,, Both DW and Direct TV birds?

The BOW, per instrucitons, has a limited seperation from the DW bird... 83 to 110 for example, is beyond spec

Smoky said:
Anyone know where I can pick up an inexpensive Direct TV dual LNB dish?? Until I get my KVH in motion dome fixed at Pomona (it no longer can communicate via low speed data port and manual switch not working right)? I have to watch Direct TV via a single LNB dish on my tripod.? We can see the shows, but my new DVR will not record one channel while I watch another, nor will it switch automatically without the second LNB.? My current dish has two outputs, but apparently that is not enough.

I would love to find a used and/or inexpensive dual (or triple) LNB Direct TV dish.

Smoky:

You do not need another dish. I replaced the single output LNB on our m/h with a dual at QZ. They are available at Radioshack, Fry's, etc, and take about 15 minutes to install. I would suggest removing the single on your tripod (make sure it doesn't have the second comnnector on it/ and take it with you to get a match.

Jeff:

I may have a dual after all, not sure.  It looks like a single, but it has two cables coming from it.  Initially I tried hooking them both up and the DVR still would not record while watching another program.  But then I removed the push on connectors and just screwed them onto the DVR.  The push ons must have had a loose connection because after I did that the DVR began recording in the background while I watched other channels.  All seems ok at this point.  Sure doesn't look like a dual LNB.

Hope KVH can service my dome at the rally.

The dual and single LNBs look pretty much the same except the single only has one connection and the dual has two.  Anytime you have those quick disconnect adaptors in the line that is the best place to start looking for trouble.

I knew Ron was gonna spank me for the quick disconnects.  ;D  You will be happy to know, Ron, the one place I do NOT ALLOW then is in the DW circuit.  ;D

I guess then I have a dual LNB after all.  My neighbor has a new TV dish and it has three obvious LNBs on it, so I was expecting to see one with two.  Everything is working great now.

We out the sat Internet for a day because the dinw pushed my dish an inch or so.  Got it fixed this evening using the Admiral meter.  :D

Smoky said:
I knew Ron was gonna spank me for the quick disconnects.? ?;D? You will be happy to know, Ron, the one place I do NOT ALLOW then is in the DW circuit.? ?;D

Glad to hear that.

Glad you got the DW working again. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom