72 dodge sportsman project, need lots of help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BIG problem, when I hook up water, there is a connection behind the toilet. on the other side of the wall from the shower.  it leads from and to the sink in the bathroom/shower.  when there is water pressure applied it leaks.  What do I do.  I replaced all fittings, hoses and clamps and tightened everything down "I am a Marine, so when I say they are tight...." now what?  are they the wrong type of hoses fittings?  looks like it was originally a copper piping deal, but they were replaced with clear vinyl tubing and garden hose, they leaked so I got all vinyl tubing and new clamps.  Too much pressure?  I am not a plumber so........  Also I want to replace the shower with a real shower booth like in a house.  Where can I find something of a comparable size?  how can I remodel the bathroom to the other side of said shower to utilize the sewage hole, I also want to replace the toilet, as this one you have to use the shower hose to "FLUSH" the toilet.

Click the Resources button above and scroll down to see a list of RV parts and salvage places.

NintendoKD said:
  I am not a plumber so........  Also I want to replace the shower with a real shower booth like in a house.  Where can I find something of a comparable size?  how can I remodel the bathroom to the other side of said shower to utilize the sewage hole, I also want to replace the toilet, as this one you have to use the shower hose to "FLUSH" the toilet.
You may need to post a few pics so we can see what you're working with.
J

I have seen those vinyl type hoses and fitting used on boats. They are NOT suitable for the pressures found in hookups or today's pumps. Where possible the piping could be replaced with PEX properly crimped or the correct hand tightened fittings. Where flexible is desired there are flexible types of pipe available in most Home Depot or similar stores but to mate with the existing copper , you need the correct fittings, not just hose clamps. Garden hose is not recommended. It may also mean you will need to change some taps etc. to the household variety. You are dealing with 45 lbs  or more of pressure in most cases.

Home depot carries SHARK BITE  connectors that work with pex no crimping just slide on and done. I have used them in home with copper and they are AWESOME. You get the little C shaped tool and they can be taken apart as easy as put together.

cool, pictures coming soon.  thanks for all of the help here guys, the dc is out now, and I do not know why.  I thought it was the battery, but it worked when I first got the house regardless if the battery was hooked up or not.  None of the dc lighting works, and it sucks.  fuses are good bulbs are good, I think it may be the inverter, but i need a wiring schematic to test the output input.

here is the link to my other post with more details of the problem.  thanks again guys
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=46336.msg426025#msg426025

looking to upgrade anyway, to all efficient ccfl lighting, looking at a newer style dc converter, as I think that it is bad anyway, the biggest problem with converters is that when load is low voltage is high and vice-versa, going to install a large capacitor bank to resist the change in voltage, I figure for 80 amps peak, I will need approx 2.2 farads of stiffening cap to compensate.  This will also set me up prety well for when I upgrade to solar.

looks like I'll be selling soon, I got my new 97 33' 5th wheel and do not need the ol' 73 dodge, alas it has served us well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pearl Constance de_la She
Back
Top Bottom