03 Fleetwood Wilderness 25ft Remodel...Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheapcollegelife

Hey All!

So I want to pull out the night stands, overhead cabinets, and push the bed up against the wall so I can have more space and build a floor to ceiling closet. Will this ruin the structure or damage the walls? I have tried to remove the night stand, but its really being stubborn. Any suggestions?

I have attached a picture of this trailer models bedroom.

Thanks!

:-\

Attachments

• bedroom1.jpg
    bedroom1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 83
If you don't get a direct answer here, a call to the manufacturer should tell you how/where the nightstands are attached.

The cabinets are probably just screwed to the walls and posibly the floor, but before you remove them, be sure and check on the outside of those locations and/or any removable panels on the inside of the cabinets. RV manufacturers are famous for using things like parts of cabinets to hide equipment and mechanicals such as shore power compartments, heating ducts, etc. You might also want to take a peek under your bed. That is where our fresh water tank lives. Other than that....good luck on your project.

cheapcollegelife said:

Hey All!

So I want to pull out the night stands, overhead cabinets, and push the bed up against the wall so I can have more space and build a floor to ceiling closet. Will this ruin the structure or damage the walls? I have tried to remove the night stand, but its really being stubborn. Any suggestions?

I have attached a picture of this trailer models bedroom.

Thanks!

:-\

Found out ourselves as we are renovating a '96 wilderness, the cabinets and all are screwed in from behind the exterior wall, before the outside wall goes up. You will have to shear off the screws once you get to them. Damage to the walls might occur.

Back
Top Bottom