Blue Ox Patriot - Low Vehicle Battery - Not!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arcticfox2005

We recently finished a 1600 mile trip - the first time we used our new Blue Ox Patriot braking system. The first hundred miles or so, we repeatedly got an error message on the monitor in the MH - Low Vehicle Battery. Had to stop, reset the system, and continue on. A few miles later, same thing.  Even stopped at a Wal Mart Supercenter and had the battery tested - it was good. We were plugging the system into the cigarette lighter outlet on our '04 Jeep Wrangler. Fortunately, right beside it was another socket, labeled Power Outlet. We used it and the system worked as designed after that. Apparently heavier gauge wiring on the Power Outlet gave less voltage drop. So, it you use the Patriot or a similar system and get low voltage warnings, you should look into a means of getting full battery voltage to the unit.

On ours, like the other reply, the power outlet is hot all the time.. believe the cigarette lighter outlets are off when ignition is off.

Yep, the power outlet is the way to go. On my year Wrangler I installed a switch to cut the power to the dash when I tow because turning the key to the first click powered lots of electronic stuff on the dash panel. Even with the switch off the power outlet will still be hot. 

Hi all-just purchased a Blue Ox Patriot system for my 02 Jeep Wrangler.Only have one cigarette lighter outlet that I can find.Works only when key turned.No other"power outlet" next to it.Could the additional power outlet be in another spot on the 02 Wrangler ?
If not original equipment on that model jeep,could you recommend a good power outlet that I could add on ?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Jeff

Any decent auto parts store, Truck stop, RV store heck Radio shack, will have 12 volt accessory sockets you can install.

On the fuse block (one of them) there will be a brass "Stud" near the "Bottom" (Should be two) this is a 12 volt battery point, you can hook up there by adding the proper nut, star washer and using a lug, Do put an in-line fuse if you use this bolt, if you have an open "AUX" fuse that is hot you can also use that circuit,

A Heavy duty one may be able to handle 20 amps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom