5W Partner Tool Box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2006F350

I've just about given up finding anything on the web. I am looking for a polypropolene (hard plastic) partner type tool box for my truck that mounts between the 5W hitch and tail gate. The least expensive 'partner' type box I've found is $320 at a local truck specialty store. It's roughly 56" wide, 16" deep and 11" high, but made of aluminum. I have found 'chests' by Delta that are great deepth and height wise, but severly lacking in width. I can't use those 'neat' boxes that mount behind the tire well as they open to the top and would interfer with my roll up tonneau. The aluminum is a priority as the box will seldom see the elements unless I have my 5W. I'm hoping that possibly someone here has seen or heard of something like I'm looking at, otherwise, it's off to Home Depot, 3/4" plywood, sealer paint, piano hinges, etc. I could build what I want for less that $100, but my wife isn't too keen on the idea.

I've seen the heavy plastic cross-over boxes for the front of the beds, so I would have assumed that someone would have made a 'partner' box, but so far I've totally sturck out.

One thing I did find in my 'browsing' is a box/tonneau cover combination from J.C. Whitney, but since I already have a cover, and their $800 price tag .....

Thanx in advance

Larry

Back
Top Bottom