UTAH- Flyfishing, Canyons & More!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KarenS144

I'm beginning to plan a trip to Utah for September and have a LOT of questions (and probably more to come)!  We'll leave southern IN around Sept. 1 and need to be back around the 24th. DH wants to fish the Green River so I'm looking at campgrounds on roads near Dutch John that would accommodate a 30' Class A towing a Jeep Wrangler.  We wouldn't need full hookups or any for that matter if we can get water somewhere close.  My perfect site would have river access from the site but I know that's not likely unless one has a tent.  I'm not opposed to boondocking but we've never done it and have no clues where or how to get there!

We'll be traveling with our 2 boxers so any info on boarding in that area would be appreciated.  I doubt we'd leave them overnight anywhere but a day boarding might be helpful.  We can leave them in the MH for a few hours at a time if needed.

We'd like to go to Bryce, Canyonland, Moab/Dead Horse Point and meander around in southern Utah and time permitting cruise to the Grand Canyon.  Traveling via Utah interstates looks like it would add a lot of miles so I'd like to stick to "red roads" if possible.  Any advise on routes, the must sees and the avoids would be greatly appreciated.

Do most of the national park campgrounds have water available to fill tanks?  I know most do not offer water hook ups. 

I'll also be scouting for any place I can do some trail riding in or near any of the parks.  Unfortunately, my horse won't fit in the MH so I'll have to find a rent-a-horse ride.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

One reason for going in September (after Labor Day) is to hopefully avoid the crowds.  Since I'm not sure where we'll be and when we'll be there, I'd like to avoid making reservations earlier than a couple of days out.  What are the chances of being able to find campsites in the Nat. Parks without reservations?

I know I'm asking for a lot of advise but I greatly appreciate any help from the BTDT club!

Back
Top Bottom