1988 Pace Arrow Eleganza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frankreed3

1988 Pace Arrow Eleganza (FIRE) .  I am trying to assist someone.  The RV recently caught fire and burned to the ground.  In addition the fire totally destroyed a truck, a car and part of  the home.  A fire expert stated the cause was NOT suspicious and cause undetermined , however the refrigerator coil showed signs of possible explosion.  The fire expert stated there were no identifiable make, model or serial numbers to be found.  I am trying to find out what make and model of refrigerator this unit had in it and if there was a recall on it.  I have already contacted Fleetwood however they need their FLeetwood number on the RV to identify the refrigerator, unfortuanely that was burned in the fire and could not be located.  I hope that someone out there can assist me.

It seems like the only way you could find this out would be if you had photos of the unit before it was burned, and even then it probably would not have shown the model number in a photo.  Knowing what was installed originally might not help anyways because it could easily have been changed at some point, unless the current owner has owned it since new and knows the entire history of the rig.

Fleetwood mostly used Dometic fridges in that era. 

Having the cooling unit burn out is a pretty common mode of failure. A 23 year old cooling unit is subject to a lot of external rust and internal corrosion - they don't last forever. I'm not sure you would get anywhere with a lawsuit even if it was conclusive that the fire started in the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom