'94 Newmar Kountry Star ac filter location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

james s

I recently bought a used '94 Newmar Kountry Star travel trailer. I would like to check the ac filter but I can't find it. Might it be on the roof?
Also, I can't run the water heater on electric, only on gas. The fuse is ok, the switch on the wall is on, and the switch on the water heater
itself is on. Any ideas?

Check for 12V at the element itself. If no volts you can check at the ECO and Thermostat , side by side units. There may be two separate ones on older Atwood units, one for gas and one for electric. Electric is on the back side, I believe. No Junction box near the unit? Usually there is one where the wiring from the heater meets the wiring from the trailer. Check inside there too.

Failing all that, check the element for continuity using an ohmmeter expect a fairly low number, infinity means open or dead. Make sure all power if off before using an ohmmeter.

The air conditioner filters are behind the air intake in the ceiling.

Is the breaker on? Do you have 120v at the water heater itself, e.g. at the heater switch? If so, the heater element is probably burned out. If its an Atwood heater, the element is either a bolt on or a screw in type. Both are readily available for replacement. Stu already told you how to check it woth an ogmeter, but if you have 120v that far and it still doesn't work, there isn't much doubt.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll follow your suggestions and see what I  find.

Back
Top Bottom