Best RV for family of 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hozman

i am planning a family trip out to banff in august. looking to rent an RV. there are several different kinds/sizes. does anyone have a recommendation based on experience on which type of RV to get? the options are 24/26', 26/30', MH-B, MH-A.
they all look like they have enough beds for 2 adults and 3 kids (under 10 yrs old). I am also thinking of what is easier to drive and has less problems.
thanks.

Class C is probably the most friendly for a novice.  It is like driving a full sized van.  But a class A might be more to your liking.  The big difference is that with a class C you generally have an overhead bunk.  You really need to go to the rental company and look at them for yourself to decide.

I would suggest a Class C as well.  I'm not sure you'd be happy with the tight quarters of a Class B.  The ironic thing about motorhomes is that, often times, the larger they are the fewer they are designed to sleep.  :eek:  Class C rigs usually offer great features for families.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Rick

I've always thought Class Cs were a better choice for families, usually lots of sleeping space. But I agree with Donn that you should go sit in a few of them to see what feels good for you and your family. And while you're sitting there, think about what it would be like if you were all in the motorhome because it's raining outside. Could make a big difference in which one suits you and the gang.

Enjoy your travels
Wendy

Back
Top Bottom