wood panels from fridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geraldlanc

I just replaced the rv fridge with a residential fridge - much colder, and bigger!  The old fridge had wood door panels attached to it and I removed the panels before selling the fridge.  I would like to place the panels on the new fridge - minor trim work and they will fit perfectly.  The problem is how to attach them.  I can't use screws, so I guess the only solution is to use some sort of adhesive.  The fridge doors are not flat, there is a slight curve to them leaving about 1/4 inch gap on the sides of the panels.  Any one have a suggestion as to how this could be done?
What adhesive should I use?
Gerald

Rough up the surface a little with sandpaper, then use a good quality contact cement ... 3M fastbond 30 is a good choice. Coat on both surfaces, let dry to the touch (usually 15-20 minutes in 70 degree weather with little humidity), place something between the two surfaces (they will adhere as soon as contact is made) to keep them apart until perfectly aligned, then start from one side or end. Once bonded, roll it out with something round - rolling pin, wall paper roller, j-roller-whatever.

Back
Top Bottom