Campground noise?/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WTW

My back ground info, had a great jayco 28ft did it all. Very very quiet in side from other happy out side campers. Maxed out my trucks towing limits. Sold camper 2003. Tent camped this past week-end, want to get off the ground and back into a trailer,pop-up or expandable trailer. Please share the pro's and cons of each? How quiet are the fold out type trailers. Thankyou for any constructive replies. Tomm (new)

We have a '97 Trailmanor 2518 (we're third owners).  This is a great upgrade from tents.  It gives you AC & a bathroom and is quick to setup (probably faster than your tent).  If we have a decently level site, we're completely setup and relaxing within 15 minutes.

As for quietness.  It's as quiet as a normal TT.  It's construction is foam sandwiched between sheets of aluminum.  It has a very cool sound when its raining (different than other campers I've been in).

Their smallest model (like ours) can be towed by most V6 light trucks or mini-vans.  We're close to the towing limits but the electric brakes help a lot.  Don't skimp on the brake controller.  That's 3000+ pounds pushing you through an intersection.  Did that once when a friend towed us in a Durango.

We are fairly new owners of a Fleetwood Sequoia pop-up tent trailer. We LOVE it. In response to your question about noise, though, I must admit that you pretty much hear anything that's going on in the campground. We just got back from a trip with some friends who own a TrailManor, and they didn't hear nearly what we did. They had much more privacy in that regard.

On the plus side, we were in a beautiful setting, and I felt like I was in a tree house in our TT, with a panoramic view from all angles. Additionally, the TT was super comfortable with breezes and a feeling of openness. The TrailManor got rather warm and felt closed in.

Another point of comparison is using the AC. We've successfully used the AC in moderately hot weather, and it was great. However, when it's really, really hot, the AC just can't keep up in a TT. In the TrailManor, the AC cools it just fine!

All in all, we have a bathroom, full kitchen, heat, AC, and it sets up and breaks down quickly. It's been great both dry camping and with hook-ups. And it costs much less than many other RVing options.

Well, from experience here we had a pop-up and went to a hybrid so we could have the tent / open air experience of a pop-up but more conveniences and amenities (bath, ac, etc.) A hybrid will give you more privacy and floor space and help to cut down on the noise but you will still hear campground noise, just not as much. Probably the biggest reason we made the switch is a hybrid camper is fully equipped and ready to go where the pop-up we had to buy aftermarket amenities like porta potty, awning, elec. cooler to supplement the small refrigerator, no hot water, etc. Setup time is alot less with hybrid as it is a camper. Just pop out your tent ends and your practically done. The floor space difference is a BIG plus too. If you're going to invest in something youy're going to have for a few years it's well worth the extra money spent. ;D

We love our Starcraft popup. You will hear more of the campground noises, but for us that was a plus. We don't camp in "state campsites" right next to someone else, if we wanted that we would camp in our driveway. We boondock out in the mountains next to a river somewhere and the open atmosphere of the tent trailer was a huge upside and we love it. Get a "highwall" PUP and you will be able to have almost all of the amenities you can get with a travel trailer such as larger fridge, shower/toilet combo, awning, hot water heater etc.

Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom