Camping World and Fleetwood RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arcticfox2005

Camping World RV Sales in Mesa, AZ used to be a dealer for new Fleetwood RVs. They no longer are. Does anyone know the story behind this? Did Camping World not want Fleetwood or did Fleetwood not want Camping World RV Sales? (at least the one in Mesa) I suspect the latter, but would like to know the real story.

When Fleetwood went thru bankruptcy and the new owners restarted with anew company, all previous dealership agreements became null and void.  The new Fleetwood RV, which sells motorhomes only, has taken a go-slow approach to re-establishing dealer agreements.  But I don't know why Camping World in Mesa and Fleetwood did not get back together. 

Also some Camping World stores like the one near us, Macon Ga., stopped selling rv's completely. They have now started back but I'm not sure what brand they feature or if they are all used.

Fleetwood bankruptcy left CW with a lot of problems and a bitter taste thus they are not going to carry even from new company. Also, Affinity Group, which includes CW, narrowly escaped bankruptcy itself last year and was only saved by a large loan from the two founders of Thor. Therefore, CW will have a tighter link to them in RV sales and other matters. Overall, the new management of Affinity is going to consolidate the CW,Good Sam and other entities very soon. CW is certainly going be selling RV's. -

Back
Top Bottom