New software flash for VMSpc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
When I bought the new Rig last June I upgraded the jib of the VMSpc to the USB jib. One of the differences in the JSB jib and the Serial jib is that you can start the VMS program at any time now. Before you had to start the VMS program on the laptop before you started the coach motor or the JIB would not get signal from the motor.  Now you can stop or start the program at any time. 

The other big reason to switch out the Serial port jib was that the older Serial Jib would not recognize Allison's new "World Transmission".  The USB Jib is built to understand Allison's new software.  The 2010 Journey has the Allison World transmission. 

Ever since I hooked up the new Jib it has worked well, but it had a bug that bothered me. The transmission gauge would drop out for brief periods. It would come back, but only to drop out again. Then I went to the FMCA rally in Albany Oregon this week. Silver Leaf was there and I had a chance to talk to Martin, the owner of Silver Leaf.  I told him my concerns and he had a solution.  He said that he had a software update for the Jib that would fix the problem.  It just so happens that Silver Leaf is based in Albany Or, so I drove over to the shop with my Jib. Within about 15 minutes it had been updated with new software.

I came back and hooked it up and tested it the next day. The gauge is now solid as a rock and I am a happy camper! The update was done free of charge and I must say that Silver Leaf is a class company. 

I highly recommend that if you are in the market for a engine monitoring system, you can't do better than Silver Leaf.

Sarge

Back
Top Bottom