"Earth is Full" by Tom Friedman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getinaway said:
It really is to bad there arent millions of Buffalo still roaming the plains.
Can you imagine how great it would be.............. millions of buffalo stampeding................ ruining everything in their path..................

The buffalo may have been relagated to museum settings but I see sarcasim is not in short supply.

Short supply of srcasm.  NEVER  I enjy the biison here in the park, the herds are about the right size for the area, but in winter they rooam and the ranchers have a fit.  Claim brucellosis, but the only inter species that has been proven has been with elk.  But they hunt elk, so they don't mind the elk. 

Orick said:
Amen brother.... Amen.  :(

We're currently in Custer State Park in the Black Hills and it feels wonderful to be able to stand in well preserved country and watch the wild life.  Thank goodness for the government regulations which created these and other sanctuaries.  I'm as much a capitalist as the next guy but capitalism has no conscience and needs some help.

"We're partying fools in the autum of a heyday".... Don Henley

Rick

My sister-in-law, who lives in Alaska, just visited Custer State Park and took the hike around Sylvan Lake and a trail to a "mountain peak" close by.  She was comparing the parts of Ak she knows to the Blk Hills and remarked  that it was like comparing two beautiful places... one with a few thousand people and one with a few people; one with a few deer and squirrels and one with bears, elk, moose, deer, snakes, marmots, rabbits, squirrels, fish and eagles; and, one with helicopters buzzing overhead every 10 minutes carrying observers and one with a chopper/fixed wing aircraft once a week to pick up or deliver hikers.  Not long ago the two places were more similar than different.  I thought Custer lost?

Back
Top Bottom