National Parks Photo contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chet18013

Full time in RV. Home is where we are parked
If you are planning to visit a--or several-- national parks this year, you might keep in mind the each year there is a contest for the best photo taken in a national park. See:

http://www.nationalparks.org/PlanYourParkTrip/PhotoContest-Home.shtml

If you happen to get what you think is a great photo, why not enter? You can do it over the internet.

Chet18013

The photos used for the annual park passes are selected from those submitted for the contest.

That was the 2005 contest. The 2006 one hasn't started yet. But if you think you might want to enter when the 2006 contest starts, your odds of winning are better if you take pictures of parks celebrating anniversaries (ex: Mesa Verde is celebrating it's Centennial this year).

wendycoke said:
That was the 2005 contest. The 2006 one hasn't started yet. But if you think you might want to enter when the 2006 contest starts, your odds of winning are better if you take pictures of parks celebrating anniversaries (ex: Mesa Verde is celebrating it's Centennial this year).

Are you saying that the Quality of the photo is second to a photo that the NPS can use in their publications?  In other words a photo of good quality taken in a park celebrating an anniversary would have a better chance than a excellent quality and composition taken in a park not celebrating an anniversary.

I'm saying that if I send in an incredible picture of Mesa Verde and you send in an incredible picture of Arches, my picture has a better chance because it's a park celebrating an anniversary. Now, if I send in an average pic of Mesa Verde and you send in an awesome pic from Arches, your picture has a better chance of winning. The same holds true for pictures sent in for the Passport Stamps. Mike had 2 of his published as stamps....both were from parks that were celebrating some kind of anniversary. He submitted many other, equally good images, but the ones that were selected were for parks celebrating an anniversary. Just a tip for those wanting to enter a picture.

Gotcha, rules will probably be the same or similar for next year's contest.

It does say that all entries become the property of the National Park Foundation but it also says that they will destroy all but the winning pictures. I also noticed that if Mike still worked for the NPS, we couldn't enter the contest. Glad he's retired!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom